(magnetic) heading. The Islands are in Mexican waters so be sure to have proper fishing license and documentation before heading here.
- GPS Reference Points
- North Coronado Island : 33.27.00 / 117.18.00
- Middle Coronado Island : 33.25.50 / 117.15.50
- South Coronado Island : 33.23.00 / 117.14.00
- South Kelp : 32.21.00 / 117.12.50
- Rockpile : 32.17.50 / 117.10.50
There are a variety of gamefish which can be found here year round including : calico bass, sand bass, white sea bass, halibut, rockfish and lingcod. Seasonally, migrating yellowtail, barracuda, and sometimes other pelagics such as dorado, bluefin, yellowfin, and even albacore may sometimes be taken from the waters surrounding these islands.