Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Wrapping up January

Default Wrapping up January

Good afternoon all,
    I went to Perris last Thursday with the dogs to see if I could catch one more big one before January ended, metered a lot of big fish from 20 to 50 ft, water temp was 56 and winds were light with overcast skies for most of the day. I flatlined and leadcore trolled the JDS13 all day, changing colors, different sizes, depths, and speeds for nada. Then at the end of the day I got a hard bump but no hook up over by the trench, made another pass at 35 ft. bingo!!! landed a 5.8 lbs to bet the skunk. I didn't get another bit for the rest of the afternoon. It was was a great day to be on the water trying to get those big bass to go, hopefully next time. here is a 10.10 and a 9.14 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8497.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	43381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8500.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	43382from Jan. Pray for rain.

Very nice fish. Ditto on the rain .

I think that was the one I put back earlier in the morning, did he have one front tooth missing.
    I have been going out one day a week, picking the nicest day for sun and wind, but last week when we had the big winds before it started the wind was supposed be be 3MPH, well something happened and there were all at once winds from every direction at about 23mph pushing my float tube toward the dam, the winds were carrying sand, it came from the island direction and away I went, all I could do was use my flippers and hold onto the cross bar in my float tube , I got in the wakes and headed for sail cove, with the water getting my flag all wet, it was non stop, one hour to get to shore and two guys on the bank came to my rescue and pulled me ashore.
    Was I ever glad just to sit on the bank with the waves hitting my float tube, getting wet was nothing.

TED

JSD13 your single handily keeping this Perris forum alive...and keeping me juiced to get out there