Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fisherman's Retreat 4-3-2011 Fun fun

1. Default Fisherman's Retreat 4-3-2011 Fun fun

Thanks to Bassgrabber, I hit up Fisherman's Retreat in San Timoteo Canyon, near Redlands. Cool place, two large ponds for non-members to fish. Got there in the afternoon, was pretty overcast, but the sun peeked out around 4. Was mostly sight fishing, but also fished reed edges and other areas of cover. Started out slow, but picked up as I learned more about the place.

Aside from Bassgrabber and one other FNN member (Cody or Kody?), most people were fishing for catfish/carp/trout/anything that will bite. There were signs all around the ponds with 'catch and release only for bass', glad to see the management making an effort to keep the bass fishery around. Lots of spawning fish and some cruisers as dusk set in. I spent the afternoon and early evening there, ended with 6 fish, including my biggest bass of 2011 so far.

The place has lots of restrooms, a little tackleshop/store, and great shoreline access, however, it is $15 to get in. Interesting little spot, definitely glad I went. Thanks Bassgrabber!

No problem. We caught so many...between me and my other friends we endedup with over 50 fish!!!! Good times.

This place looks so prime for jigs and frogs. My friend and I will get out there soon for some fun! Nice 6lber, Carpanglerdude. By the way, I love your blog and how you post your catches on there, great information and fishing reports.

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Cool man..looks like you have fun out there.. I'm going to get back out there really soon had a blast out there