Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Western Pride Squid 2/17/10

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Western Pride Squid 2/17/10

Short Report... Decided to go out for the squid as we do every year around this time. Hopped on the western pride out of daveys locker with a buddy of mine. got to the first spot less than 20 mins. from the harbor, about 7 boats around us and slow pickens for about an hour. Captain decided to go out deeper to since it was pretty slow. Get to the 2nd spot and it was worst than the 1st. I don't remember anyone gettin one. Then he tell us he's going to move to 1200 ft and I'm hoping it's not one of those trips where the captn tells you, "you shoulda been here the night before".... He literally moves the boat only about 50 feet from the 2nd spot and marks a crapload of squid. for the next hour and half or so, the boat caught about 150. Everyone was hooked up at the same time and A LOT of laughs were shared. I got 5 and my buddy got 2 in that short frenzy. Squid were about 20 to 40 lbs. Time to go grill some for the Laker Game!

Peace Tight Lines

Mark
    Last edited by BassButcher; 02-18-2010 at 06:04 PM.