Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shimano reel repair....

Default Shimano reel repair....

Ive got a SHIMANO CURADO and a COSAIR300 that the cast button does not click up when the handle in engaged. Is this a simple fix that i can do my self or do i need to send them in for repair...fishbones

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    Ive got a SHIMANO CURADO and a COSAIR300 that the cast button does not click up when the handle in engaged. Is this a simple fix that i can do my self or do i need to send them in for repair...fishbones
    Send them to shimano for repair... like $10 or something for tune and repair...

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    Ive done that about 10-15 years ago just wasnt sure if they did it still especially cuz there old reels.....thanks.....

its $20 each plus shipping. plus parts if they still have them. it might be something simple like it needs grease. pm me if you'd like and i can take a look at them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    I had a Shimano Cruzar reel stored away at my parents, it needed repair that was beyond my humble ability ~ One day my dad asked me about it, I said "yeah, it's broken". Little did I know, to him that meant "it's trash", he tossed it in the garbage. It looked brand new, not a great reel by any means but, definitely worth fixing for a few bucks.

Send it to Shimano. The Corsair 300 they would not fix they would simply replace it with a Corvalus 300. The Curado they would most likely repair.

I took my Corasair 400 down to Shimano in Irvine and the guy at the counter said they don't fix them anymore, they simply replace them with Corsair's. Walked out of there 10 mins later with a brand new reel in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    Send it to Shimano. The Corsair 300 they would not fix they would simply replace it with a Corvalus 300. The Curado they would most likely repair.

I took my Corasair 400 down to Shimano in Irvine and the guy at the counter said they don't fix them anymore, they simply replace them with Corsair's. Walked out of there 10 mins later with a brand new reel in the box.
    Sick! lmao.... I am gonna have to look for beat up corsairs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post

Sweet! The Corsair doesnt even have that many hours on it either. When it went bad i had so many other reels to fish with i just left it in the reel drawer.
    Ive also have a triton speedmaster W/star drag and a Bantom magnunlite Graphite Titanium Components PLUS that i would like to restore if possible what do you think...?..Thanks for the info...fishbones

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    Sweet! The Corsair doesnt even have that many hours on it either. When it went bad i had so many other reels to fish with i just left it in the reel drawer.
    Ive also have a triton speedmaster W/star drag and a Bantom magnunlite Graphite Titanium Components PLUS that i would like to restore if possible what do you think...?..Thanks for the info...fishbones
    i think you should mess up a bearing or something so you'll be sure to get a replacement

Default owell.....

JUST FOUND THIS
    Corsair Replacement
    Shimano will no longer provide replacement of Corsair reels as of January 1, 2010.

Corsair reels will now be eligible for repair, but must be in repairable condition. Excessively corroded or abused reels are not eligible for repair and will be sent back to the customer.

Repair cost is $35 plus shipping.

If you reel qualifies, please fill out the "repair request form" located at the top of this page and sent to:

Shimano American
    Attn: Reel Repair
    1 Holland
    Irvine, CA 92618

Questions? Please contact Shimano American Customer Service at 1-877-577-0600

owell back to the drawimg board.........fishbones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast