PDA

View Full Version : Hey private boaters....post your success or failure.... Like to read about it

JL
06-03-2015, 05:00 PM
We are again looking toward and epic local off shore fishing season. Even today the yellowtail were all over the 150 and Bluefin with in several miles out of Dana Point. Even a dorado was spotted at the 150 today.

Where are you reports all you Private Boaters??????

I know you are concerned about too many boats going out and creating havoc.

Look at it this way. Several of the Harbors are already booked out on Temporary slips through September or have only a few left.
There are going to be lots of boats out there every day.
Both Davys launch and Dana point launch were packed with trailers on Saturday.
We live in So Ca with thousands of private boaters. There will be tons of boats out there this season.

So why not share your experience good or bad. There are hundreds of private boaters would like to read your story and see your great catches this year.

We are not asking for the location numbers unless you chose to share.
Just give us some basic info ---- like what harbor you started from and maybe a rough idea of the direction and distance ..........
water temp, winds, waves....info that will not give away your honey spot.

Based on other sites there should have been 4 or 5 reports in this section today.
It is going to be crazy and we may not have this opportunity to share for several years after this winter el nino goes through.

Will be looking every day for your great reports.
God Bless and Tight lines

trail blazer
06-03-2015, 05:24 PM
2005,,,175 posts,,,,I'm not sure if people are not posting or not,,,and. Your opinion IS as valuable as anyones,,BUT,, Maby you should put up a post that fits your criteria,,no offense intended,,just my opinion

TRAIL BLAZER

Double A
06-03-2015, 05:52 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly why I'm pretty much done with reports.
Way to many takers, with few givers.
Gimme gimme gimme.
... That's it, carry on

JL
06-04-2015, 09:49 PM
no offense taken. Going out this weekend and I will post on Monday . thanks

JL
06-04-2015, 09:53 PM
I am sorry you feel that way about takers. I understand but it has been my experience on another forum that when you post the community becomes more friendly and helpful. I am sure those who control the forum can provide better access and additional info if there are several posts. If the posts disappear what is the purpose of having a forum.

Thanks for your comments

DockRat
06-05-2015, 06:59 AM
I might know of a slip, Terminal Island. $8 a foot.
Send PM

webmaster
06-05-2015, 07:27 AM
no offense taken. Going out this weekend and I will post on Monday . thanks

Thank you JL. Looking forward to your report!

Goose Hunter
06-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Be strategic about your trips, I fish close to home mid go long on weekends, sometimes the fish cooperate sometimes they don't. Local fisihing for yellows has been epic, now it's time to try to fool a big BFT.

We have caught a handful of BFTs this year and we're 0 for 3 on the larger 100 plus lb BFTs. We're focussing on the bigger tunas now

JL
06-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the great report.
Actions close to home (15- 30 miles out) change quite rapidly day to day. Planned on tomorrow but watching weather with possible thunderstorms forecast.

God Bless and Tight Lines.