Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: How Honest is COSTCO?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default How Honest is COSTCO?

    What Do You Think?

    In August of 2020 i purchase Costco's GoPro 8 Bundle for $289.99. A great price considering the retail was $339.99. I knew the GoPro 9 was coming out but i went ahead & got the current bundle. Since then the bundle price dropped all the way down to only $239.99. Costco was selling these bundles fast at this price.

    Then on Dec.27 Trump signed the $600 stimulus bill. The following day Costco changed the price of this bundle by upping it by $100. Also the store moved the display from the middle section back to the main isle where the customers enter the store.

    Nothing is wrong with trying to make money. It wasn't illegal. Just wanted to point out how Costco saw this opportunity.

    https://youtu.be/ikW528EQWPY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover copy.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	53013  

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Chris View Post
    In August of 2020 i purchase Costco's GoPro 8 Bundle for $289.99. A great price considering the retail was $339.99. I knew the GoPro 9 was coming out but i went ahead & got the current bundle. Since then the bundle price dropped all the way down to only $239.99. Costco was selling these bundles fast at this price.
    Considering how lax Costco's policies are where someone can return a Christmas tree in January because it was 'dead,' and get their money back, I'm sure they may have price adjustment policies?

    When I was a wee lad, I used to work at the Gap at our local mall. Aside from having friends come in from high school who wanted to use my employee discount, every day, we got the ladies that would come in, with a stack of old receipts, checking to see if they were eligible for price adjustments. In other words, if within 30 days any price was lower for any items they had bought, we were supposed to give them the difference. (I know that is true for most major retailers in the US. They obviously don't advertise this, as it will hurt their bottom line.)

    So, if Costco uses the same '30 day policy' for price adjustments, you could've been eligible for some coin if the price would've dropped within that 30 day period.

    If not, embrace supply and demand, and the overall tenets of capitalism. ;-)

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't embrace capitalism. In fact, I practice social distancing with it. I wear a mask and stand at least 6 feet away from it. ;)

  4. #4

    Default

    the average markup at costco is under 7%
    that in theory pays for store overhead

    they make their money selling shelf space and membership fee's

    a little over 100,000,000 members pay on the average $70.00 a year with a 87% renewal rate
    that's the gravy

    i would think they got a temporary extra rebates from the manufacturer and when that changed so did the price

    as far as moving merchandise to different locations in the store
    that is part of their normal marketing plan they engage in
    you want something you need to look around for it and view new products

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Den of Iniquity
    Posts
    168

    Default


  6. #6

    Default

    too many costco dogs
    that the problem

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Chris View Post
    What Do You Think?

    In August of 2020 i purchase Costco's GoPro 8 Bundle for $289.99. A great price considering the retail was $339.99. I knew the GoPro 9 was coming out but i went ahead & got the current bundle. Since then the bundle price dropped all the way down to only $239.99. Costco was selling these bundles fast at this price.

    Then on Dec.27 Trump signed the $600 stimulus bill. The following day Costco changed the price of this bundle by upping it by $100. Also the store moved the display from the middle section back to the main isle where the customers enter the store.

    Nothing is wrong with trying to make money. It wasn't illegal. Just wanted to point out how Costco saw this opportunity.

    https://youtu.be/ikW528EQWPY
    Itís a game show bro. Once you know what you are dealing with. Then you deal with it. Live and learn.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Den of Iniquity
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKLES View Post
    It’s a game show bro. Once you know what you are dealing with. Then you deal with it. Live and learn.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    It’s a game show bro.


    Red snappaaah!

  10. #10

    Default

    What I am wondering here, is why single out Costco? Based on all my knowledge, Costco is better than the large majority of other chain stores in the ethicality of its practices. (I have seen articles about this.) That does not mean that they are totally honest, but still...why not mention other chain stores? Costco is on this list of most ethical retailers. https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-and-spencer-8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •