Trinity Lake consists of 17,000 surface acres and 145 miles of shoreline. Elevation is 2400 feet. The U.S.F.S. maintains 424 developed tent/RV camp sites here. Fees range from $5.00 to $15.00 per night. No hook-ups available. Ranger Station - (916) 623-2121
For more information contact:
Other lakes and rivers in the area:
- Wyntoon Resort - P.O. Box 70, Trinity Center (530) 266-3337
- Estrellita Marina - 49160 State Highway 3 Trinity Center, Trinity Lake (530) 286-2215
- Trinity Alps Marina - P.O. Box 670 Lewiston, CA (530) 286-2282
- Ripple Creek Cabins - P.O. Box 4020, Star Rte. 2, Trinity Center (503) 266-3505
- Pinewood Cove Resort - 45110 Hwy 3, Trinity Center (530) 286-2201
- Sandy Bar Ranch & Cabins - 797 Ishi Pishi Rd., Orleans (530) 627-3379
- Trinity Alps Resort - Trinity Center (503) 286-2205
- Trinity Center Inn (Airporter Inn) - P.O. Box 200, Trinity Center (530) 266-3223
- Trinity Chamber of Commerce - P.O. Box 517 Weaverville, CA 96093 (916) 623-6101 or (800) 421- 7259.
- Coffee Creek Guest Ranch - HC2, P.O. Box 4940, Trinity Center (800) 624-4480
- Enright Gultch Cabins & Motel - 3500 Hwy 3, P.O. Box 244, Trinity Center (530) 266-3600
Lower Sacramento River at Redding
There are several boating facilities here and rental boats and houseboats are available
Kokanee salmon, rainbow and brown trout, small and largemouth bass and catfish are found here. This is an excellent smallmouth lake and holds the state record at 9-pounds, 1-ounce.
- Read and Post Trinity Lake Fishing Reports Here
Comments and Tips:
I used to go up to Pinewood Cove every summer for about 10 years and every day my buddy and I would fish off the dock. We'd stand on ramp to the dock and drop down a trebble hook with red worms about 6 feet down or maybe less and catch 50+ bluegill a day. Other than that, trolling along the shore about 5-7 colors out of lead core line using a spoon. Also, largemouth bass here are always a good catch. Plastic worms are usually what they bite on, however, I hooked a 6 pounder trolling. If you keep an eye out, you can see some awesome wildlife such as bald eagles and even beavers.
If you know something about this area or have some photos that you'd like to share, please E-mail and I'll post it here!