Other lakes in the area:
- U.S. Forest Service - Almanor Ranger District - P.O. Box 767, Chester, CA 96020 Ph (916) 258-2141.
- Big Springs Resort
- Lassen View Resort 7457 Hwy. 147 Lake Almanor, CA 96137 (530) 596-3437
- Kokanee Lodge 452 Peninsula Dr., Lake Almanor 96137 (530) 596-3215
- Big Cove Resort 442 Peninsula Dr., Lake Almanor 96137 (530) 596-3349
- Lake Cove Resort and Marina 3584 Hwy. 147, Eastshore Lake Almanor 96137 P.O. Box 68, Canyon Dam 95923 (530) 284-7697
- Plumas Pines Resort 3000 Almanor Dr. West, Canyon Dam 95923 (530) 259-4343
- Wilson's Camp Prattville 2930 Lake Almanor Dr. West, Canyon Dam, CA 95923 (530) 259-2464
There are two public boat ramps for use free of charge. There are also several resort marinas with boat rentals available.
The lake holds rainbow trout, brown trout, king and coho salmon (introduced in 1982), smallmouth and largemouth bass and catfish. Fish Report: Lassen View resort (916) 596-3437.
- Read and Post Lake Almanor Fishing Reports Here
Comments and Tips:
My family has gone to Lake Almanor for the past 7 years. I have two small children ages 4 years and 7 years. I feel comfortable with my children at Lake Almanor. We camp at one of the pg & e camp grounds. I believe the name is rocky point. The camp ground is big and the camp sites are very spacious. The ground keepers do a nice job in maintenance. The bathrooms are always attended to. The lake is beautiful. The water is clear, clean. Boaters are very respectful. A few stores and resturants nearby, and also a laundry mat. My husband always takes a few days to golf at a nearby golf course which is 10 minutes away. I look forward going each year to Lake Almanor.
If you know something about this area or have some photos that you'd like to share, please E-mail and I'll post it here!