Other lakes in the area:
New Hogan Lake
Don Pedro Lake
There are several boating facilities here and rental boats are available. Marina: (209) 785-3300
There are kokanee salmon, rainbow and brown trout, small and largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish. The lake receives DFG trout plants in the winter and spring months. Night fishing is permitted.
Glory Hole Sports Bait and Tackle
- Brown Trout: 12.7 pounds, caught by Shirley Vollmer upriver on a frozen shad in March of 2000.
- Bass: 15.3-pounds caught by Joe Bruce on February 1st, 2005.
- Spotted Bass: 7.63 pounds, caught on May 3, 2002 by Kyle Rasmussen.
- Catfish: 36 pounds, caught by Dean Nelson.
- Kokanee: 2.8 pounds caught by Ray Koch of Escalon.
- Read and Post New Melones Lake Fishing Reports Here
Comments and Tips:
If you know something about this area or have some photos that you'd like to share, please E-mail and I'll post it here!
Tim Hill caught these beautiful brown trout while bank fishing near Black Bart day use area, while throwing a silver Kastmaster. The biggest weighed 6.7-pounds.
Ray Koch of Escalon caught this 2.8-pound kokanee while fishing with Jerry Matt of Dogfish Expeditions. He was trolling 90 feet deep near the spillway with a Glitterbugs pink/green hootchie behind a silver/red dodger. (Lake Record)