Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Harbor City Park Lake

[QUOTE=DockRat;513055]That is a nice read.

' We had to cover our bodies with gloves, waders and boots to protect ourselves from the nasties present in the water (botulinum bacteria, high ammonia levels, leeches, city run-off, and a layer of old DDT) and our skin was treated with DEET to shield us from unrelenting voracious mosquitos.'

I knew DockRat would come out for this thread..

Yes I do find that very concerning knowing the tester made sure he was fully covered. That's a Yikes from me too, lol

brian

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    I knew DockRat would come out for this thread..
    brian
    I drive by going to work everyday.

I spent some time bush wacking Pch to Lomita Blvd looking for Reggie and never saw a snake.
    Saw some big turtles like the one the guy found, red ear sliders.
    Found a 14' Canoe (plastic) with a worn ' Florida Gatorland ' sticker on it. The homeless use it to collect plastic bottles. That PCH to Lomita section is spooky. Lots of life in there, check it out. Park at the end of Dodge St and enter the trails there. Bring weapons, and get out by dark Good Luck.
    DR

Any updates?

-b

So is that how you fish now..... hahaheehee

i live across the street and their hasnt been any work on the lake yet, i almost want to say last i heard was they claimed that "further testing showed the water wasnt as contaminated as they thought" or something random like that. ill see if i can find the article again.

Any updates

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Any updates
    Someone tried to burn it down last month..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120720__machadofire4_300.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	36829

I walked down to the watters edge this am. And there's a lot of fry evrywhere. Where there's litle fish there s biger fish. There's a lot of vegitation on a lot of the shoreline but there's a spot ot 2 to catch from and release of course.In tha years before regie I. Caught guppies,bluegill,bass,,crapie ,carp and catfish. And an ocasional goldfish, I haven't fished here since it was Regies temporary home. The lake is being filled with watter the pipe is blasting it with watter. Diing. Diiiing.
    Last edited by fishead; 08-14-2012 at 09:18 AM.

The watter is still flowing. That should make some good bassin c/r fishing.
    Last edited by fishead; 08-16-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishead View Post
    I walked down to the watters edge this am. And there's a lot of fry evrywhere. Where there's litle fish there s biger fish. There's a lot of vegitation on a lot of the shoreline but there's a spot ot 2 to catch from and release of course.In tha years before regie I. Caught guppies,bluegill,bass,,crapie ,carp and catfish. And an ocasional goldfish, I haven't fished here since it was Regies temporary home. The lake is being filled with watter the pipe is blasting it with watter. Diing. Diiiing.
    Any of the fry look like bass fry? Because I have been there in the past and seen tons of tiny fish that looked like fry but I think were just mosquito fish.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast