Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Yellowfin limits at the 425

Default Yellowfin limits at the 425

Got the call from Johnny that one of the guys for his Saturday trip canceled because the plan was to hit Clemente for blue fin , but the last minute closure of the island changed the plans
    i woke up about 2 am and made the drive to shelter island, got there around 4 am with guys already there loaded and headed out picked up some a couple of skimpy scoops of crappy sardines and headed south , the weather was clear skies but cold , six miles before hitting the 425 i spotted a dinner table size patty we pulled on it and picked up some good marks on the fish finder , i casted out a 80 white coltsnipper a couple times for nothing while the other guys struggled to find some baits that would actually swim. tired of casting i grabbed my talica 12, calstar 700m with 20 pound floro with a number 2 Gama live bait hook
    after going thought about 5-7 crappy baits i got myself a nice greenback runner it took a super long soak and just as the we were considering continuing our trip for the 425 , Freshhhhhhhhhh one
    it was tough 10-15 battle, these tuna were fighters Johnny with the head shot and we had out first Yellowfin (nice 20-25 pounder )on the boat and it wast even 9 am , next johnny goes bendo for a nice 25 pound tuna game on we started throwing a couple bait out there and it was pretty steady day , with the rest of them all being yellow fin in the same range 25-30lbs i went 5 for six on yellowfin and we were 3 short of the limit for boat (24' parker ) water temp was 72 egress beautiful calm seas ,some jerk parks his boat right on top of our lines about 100 yards away and maybe 50yards from the old glory im sure he was very upset aswell bite shut down around 4 pm and we still had a couple baits, we headed back to the dock to finish off the rest of the bait
    managed 4 short halibuts and 5 fat spotys ,
    had a blast with some great laughs cold beer and dead tunas
    thanks Johnny for the invite and thank Micheal for the head shots
    went over to my buddies Nates house and we spent a couple hours cleaning and vacuum sealing all the tuna
    Nate ( hes Hawaiian) made some of the best Poke i have ever had (had to bowls) Delicious
    what an amazing weekend !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0702[1].jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	52286  

Nice brother! you need to invite me one day

That’s a good day for sure,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Nice brother! you need to invite me one day
    8lb tuna!

good job jaime

Quote Originally Posted by E.A.R.G. View Post