Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/2 day yellow

Default 1/2 day yellow

Decided to go out on a 1/2 day today despite the fact it was a Sunday and Memorial Day weekend, but had an expiring groupon. Wasn't really looking forward to the crowds but somehow it wasn't too bad. Got one of the nice grade fish going off locally. Was a little thin Ihe belly but pretty long at about 41" from tip of tail to nose. Yo yo iron fish, 6x Jr, dorado. My best yellow this season...weighed 22 lb. gilled and gutted. All fish brought board looked to be 20 lb. plus
    Last edited by Frankenfish; 08-08-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenfish View Post
    Decided to go out on a 1/2 day today despite the fact it was a Sunday and Memorial Day weekend, but had an expiring groupon. Wasn't really looking forward to the crowds but somehow it wasn't too bad. Got one of the nice grade fish going off locally. Was a little thin Ihe belly but pretty long at about 41" from tip of tail to nose. Yo yo iron fish, 6x Jr, dorado. My best yellow this season...weighed 22 lb. gilled and gutted. All fish brought board looked to be 20 lb. plus
    Good for you!!!!!!!

Nice fish,it did look long and lean,but I'd would have been happy to have it too,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

What boat did you go on ?
    Thanks DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    What boat did you go on ?
    Thanks DR
    Sou Cal, pierpoint. Am run has been better than pm.. Hats off to the captain and crew...got me out of a multiple tangle with one loose line and another guy with a fish. Then somehow another loose line got on my fish and some guy was pulling on it from the other side so the deckhand went to the other side of the boat and put a stop to that. Kudos to the crew and P-line CXX...good to have a good deckhands and good line when playing half day cats cradle.

Big spot of fish was doubled up in the skiff

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Big spot of fish was doubled up in the skiff
    Yeah, saw that, fish on in the bow, and in the stern...
    i wanted to cast my jig out but thought I might get tangled with your fish. Good quality fish....like Cedros coming to your back yard...

That's because the idiot got too close, you shouldn't hve to worry about crossing my fish

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    That's because the idiot got too close, you shouldn't hve to worry about crossing my fish
    I agree...they shouldnt have gotten that close.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice fish,it did look long and lean,but I'd would have been happy to have it too,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Yeah, its always nice to get a surprise when you have low expectations. Still it just goes to show you it pays to be prepared and take a 40 lb jig outfit even on a 1/2 day because its the ocean and you never know what you will run in to out there. I think if i was fishing just 20 or even 30 with the amount of tangles i experienced on just that 1 hookup, i would've busted off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast