Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: North Beach San Clemente Surf fishing report

Default North Beach San Clemente Surf fishing report

Reelman, Hello fellow fisherman. So I am new to the area. I Have a obsession with fishing so I thought I would join FNN. So I have been surf fishing at north beach for about 2 weeks now. Every other day. Thought I would try out strictly squid. And It has proven to work some days. I am looking for some local knowledge. So far my fish count is 3 leopard sharks about 1 1/2 pounds. 2 croakers , 2 stingrays. and a mystery fish anywhere from 15 to 20 pounds i am guessing. Anyone live near North Beach? I would like to make some fishing friends.

I am an SC local and have fished northbeach a few times, usually just for sharks and rays but the perch and croaker bite is ok there depending on the conditions. I try to fish as much as my wife will let me which isn't much now that our son is back in school. fresh mackerel is the best shark bait with squid a close second. the smaller fish are suckers for 2'' gulp sandworms in camo color. some other good surf spots are san clemente pier, san juan creek mouth, san onofre, and riviera beach just south of the pier. I tend to fish the harbor or the SC pier more than the surf but i still have surf halibut on my to do list. caught them everywhere else so far...

Thanks for the reply and info Twin22s. I have heard that the gulp sandworms do work well for the smaller fish. I guess I am hoping to get lucky with that one straggler monster hiding in the surf. I have been rigging big in hopes that one day I will get lucky.lol. I had a taste of a big surf fish and now that is all I am hunting for.