Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Message for Fishing Queen

Default Message for Fishing Queen

Alice,

I tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full. You will need to delete some of the older PMs so i can send you a new PM. Thanks.

Charlie

Sorry Charlie, I deleted some of PM tonight. And I'm going to give you my cell# through PM.

Hah! I love that this community is small enough / mature enough that this method worked without getting a ton of flack from anyone...it reminds me of walking over to a neighbor's house when their old landline is busy.

With her well written posts and pictures of catching big numbers of very cool fish with minimalist gear and near the LA megalopolis...I would think that lots of people are PM'ing Fishing Queen for the honey hole. I am impressed with the fact that she is tying her own flies and is starting with the basics (and the most productive) and working up to more complexity. There are those who say you can fish anywhere in CA with just three flies....Hare's Ear-Wooly Bugger-Caddis. Although I tie a heck a lot more then just those....the three do account for 50% of the fish I catch. I keep hoping to see a real Tenkara fly thrown into the mix (they are very easy to tie) and am sure that will come.

Sidebar note: When you do get the word on where to go....pay the parking fee. It pays to keep trash cans empty and the restrooms open and clean. It's a small price after spending $30 in gas to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    With her well written posts and pictures of catching big numbers of very cool fish with minimalist gear and near the LA megalopolis...I would think that lots of people are PM'ing Fishing Queen for the honey hole. * I am impressed with the fact that she is tying her own flies and is starting with the basics (and the most productive) and working up to more complexity. *There are those who say you can fish anywhere in CA with just three flies....Hare's Ear-Wooly Bugger-Caddis. *Although I tie a heck a lot more then just those....the three do account for 50% of the fish I catch. *I keep hoping to see a real Tenkara fly thrown into the mix (they are very easy to tie) and am sure that will come.

Sidebar note: *When you do get the word on where to go....pay the parking fee. *It pays to keep trash cans empty and the restrooms open and clean. *It's a small price after spending $30 in gas to get there.
    Viejo, you are so right about the PM part. I only have a few friends that swap PMs (about 20%) back and forth. Only 5% of my PMs are from members that gave me good comments on my reports. And 75% of PMs are from all kinds of people who want to know where the spot was that (not lake, but the spots) I was fishing at. It's OK for me to share some of my fishing holes with some members that I know from FNN, and I have many times before. But, I do have a problem with people who cast over my line and want to get to my spot after they saw me catching fish. Or people park their boat, float or kayak (all at different times and lakes) 30-40 feet from the shore where I was fishing and cast their lures right into the area where my fly landed. After all of these troubles, I'm no longer giving out detailed info about the (some) lake or areas that I fish at. I just post my reports, still sharing my experiences and stories with others, but I do have to protect my honey holes. I believe that most of us as fishermen, or fisherwomen, have good fishing manners. Just some individuals don't respect others or know how to behave themselves....*

I agree with you on the parking fee also. Some places are open and free for fishing, but I was heartbroken to see how those individual abuse our mountains, rivers, creeks and lakes with tons of trash left behind. I never understand why people do things like that. They come to the mountains, rivers or lakes to relax and enjoy the natural beauty, so why do they want trash the place afterwards? All of these places would stay beautiful for everyone to enjoy if everyone could just be responsible to pick up their own trash.... We see the city or county parks always have people doing community service and helping to clean up the parks. But this might not happen often in small county lakes up in the mountains. Compared with LA city or county, the mountain community is pretty small with much less population. They don't have enough people to do community service up here.

Well, thanks for the comment on my reports and my fly tying. I enjoy doing all of these as I can and I enjoy taking a break from the fast, speedy life. I was thinking about the Tenkara flies a few days ago and I just need to find some good patterns to start to work on it. Maybe someday you'll see them on one of my future reports!
    Last edited by The Fishing Queen; 06-20-2012 at 09:40 PM.