Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: World-record brown trout caught from canal, a known buffet for fish

Default World-record brown trout caught from canal, a known buffet for fish

Pellet fed behemoth!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Pellet fed behemoth!
    Their is a guy who lives in NZ on another trout website. (he fishes those canals)

He thinks our American planted trout are a joke!

I however, pointed out his trophy trout are nothing more then overfeed trout in an almost an trout farm setting!

just about every fish you ever caught in california was either planted or descended from planted stock

so don't understand what your saying
    catfish bass or crappie they were all planted here

nz just has less pressure and a much superior wildlife management program than here

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    just about every fish you ever caught in california was either planted or descended from planted stock

so don't understand what your saying
    catfish bass or crappie they were all planted here

nz just has less pressure and a much superior wildlife management program than here
    They also run commercial fish farms in the canals! They feed their commercial fish in cages pellets everyday. Of the thousands of pellets they feed everyday, a lot of pellets just float loose in the canals. The other trout in the canals gorge themselves on all the Free floating pellets and they can get huge! Fortunately the Local residents do throw back a lot of the Trophy trout and they only get bigger! So you get some Monster trout out of those canals! You could say, "it isn't very cricket" to call those fish records. A fish that lives in the Great Lakes and had to catch his own food for example. Is a worthy fish to call a record in my opinion! Not some pellet feed fish barely having to move to find abundant food! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    jnz just has less pressure and a much superior wildlife management program than here
    The less pressure part is key. See what population density does to fisheries?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    They also run commercial fish farms in the canals! They feed their commercial fish in cages pellets everyday....Not some pellet feed fish barely having to move to find abundant food! Lol
    Hence, pellet fed behemoth, as I said. It was like back in the day when the Pay to Play lakes were kicking out DD rainbows. Nobody really cared, lol But catch a 4 pound Brown out of Grant Creek in the Sierras in the Fall and you were the man!

everyone should care

any stocked lake fish that i catch if possible i return

barbless hooks make it easier to release with minimal damage

i don't go to catch to eat
    but to enjoy fishing

and for those that really do fish to eat

how appetizing can it be to split a fish open whether it be 2 or 12lbs

and have it look like it's made of cardboard paper mache
    and taste like the mackerel pellet's it's raised on