Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late Report: Malibu Surf 05/13/16, WFO YFC

Default Late Report: Malibu Surf 05/13/16, WFO YFC

Hit the beach last Friday night with Ian and got into a WFO YFC bite about an hour before sunset, and didn't slow down until about 45 minutes after dark. Well, that is... for me. Ian got totally skunked while I kept pulling 'em in!

With the last hour of sunlight, I landed 3 on a Krocodile. The sun got below the cliffs, making the flash less effective, so I switched over to the ol' LC for a few more. Also caught a mack and a jacksmelt. Most were of pretty small size, but I got one decent one that looked to be about 14 or so inches. You can see the pics below of the ones that got a photo op, my shoe size is 10 for scale. The rest were little guys that I unbuttoned for a quick release, no photo op. Total fish count for me was 7. Ian: 0. :(

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	48417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	48418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0258.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	48419

Not the species we were gunning for, but always great to land anything!

With the first few fish I was trying to be really encouraging of Ian. "Alright, bud, its your turn now!" "Ok, you're totally due!" "Dude, they're biting, you'll get yours, and I betcha it'll be a monster!"

After fish 4, it seemed insensitive to do anything but rub it in his face LOL

"4 to nothin!" "5 to nothin!" "6 to nothin!" "7 to nothin!"

He reminded me of a quote from Henry David Thoreau as we were leaving:

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

What a good sport.

Cheers, FNN!
    Last edited by camdozer; 05-18-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Outstanding, I've yet to catch my first this year. And your friend does have the perfect attitude

@vdisney - yeah but you got that great WSB a lil while back! Still jealous :)

Thumbs up

Very cool, another good session.
    Conditions looks great, I'm going to hit the surf for the second time this year tomorrow...

Great job on landing all the YFC's!!

Just remember ..... That every dog has it's day! lol ..... That was for your fishin' buddy.

Excellent session and good times all around! WTG!!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's,

SP Dan <"))><

Great job getting it done Cam. I've been so busy in the scheme of life recently I have actually fished only twice in the last two months. Those who know me of course definitely know that is out of the norm for me but your inspirational report makes me seriously want to hit the suds. At least for a quick sundowner. It's been way too long for me for sure.

Thanks for the inspiration....Now I have to light a fire under my butt. Definitely harder now that I live an hour from the beach rather than 20 minutes.