Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2014 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by Havana Club Rum

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    ...and this just in Kershaw gives up 3 runs in first inning.
    He's HUMAN and only went 5 innings!!!!??? Well top of the 8th and the Cub bats haven't been heard from since......the Dodger bats, that's another story 14-3 (another football score for the Big Blue Wrecking Crew?)

DarkShadow have a Dodger dog, a $12 budweiser and a sack o' nuts brotha....you're going to implode before October comes. lol The boys are taking the West again this season. If your boy AJ Ellis hitting 2 dingers isn't enough of a sign, I don't know what is!

Ready to update that magic#...Go Padres!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    DarkShadow have a Dodger dog, a $12 budweiser and a sack o' nuts brotha....you're going to implode before October comes. lol The boys are taking the West again this season. If your boy AJ Ellis hitting 2 dingers isn't enough of a sign, I don't know what is!
    I know TD, but as a proverbial Dodger fan, last moment collapses have been engrained.

And if you're relying on the AJ Ellis barometer to give you a sense of where the Dodgers are at, then more power to you!

I'm still focusing on the fact we have a 2 man rotation (with both men having come off their worst outings all year), the fact that our bullpen instills no type of confidence, and the fact that our offense shows up whenever it wants to. That doesn't sound like a well oiled machine who's headed into the Postseason with a head full of steam.

It seems as of late, they are crawling to the finish line, only to be reminded once they collapse at the finish that the real race has just begun.

not to sound like a total Pollyanna, but Chicago's top of the order isn't half bad - it's actually pretty good... just sayin'

I don't think Haren is any worse than average. I think the real question is can Ryu rebound. Dodgers are hosed if he can't pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I know TD, but as a proverbial Dodger fan, last moment collapses have been engrained.

And if you're relying on the AJ Ellis barometer to give you a sense of where the Dodgers are at, then more power to you!

I'm still focusing on the fact we have a 2 man rotation (with both men having come off their worst outings all year), the fact that our bullpen instills no type of confidence, and the fact that our offense shows up whenever it wants to. That doesn't sound like a well oiled machine who's headed into the Postseason with a head full of steam.

It seems as of late, they are crawling to the finish line, only to be reminded once they collapse at the finish that the real race has just begun.
    Having not won the World Series since '88 I feel your pain, trust me on that one....I have a few years on you! The bottom line is the bats are going to have to fill the void that pitching injuries have created. HOPEFULLY Ryu can pitch, but honestly none of the other contenders strike much fear in me either.

Kemp is in beast mode, Gordon's speed won't go into a slump, Gonzo is solid, Puig woke up again, Hanley is swinging the bat better and Crawford looks healthy....I know you aren't a Uribe fan, but he was on base both time your boy AJ went yard. Time will tell, but I have to remain optimistic as always....

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    not to sound like a total Pollyanna, but Chicago's top of the order isn't half bad - it's actually pretty good... just sayin'

I don't think Haren is any worse than average. I think the real question is can Ryu rebound. Dodgers are hosed if he can't pitch.
    Agreed on Haren, and if Ryu says he can't go I'll make the call personally...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUyVz2DISY

TD

Oh yeah...magic#7

TD

Offense steps up and the pitching staff is in shambles.

Why can't they ever time it together! It would be unstoppable

MAGIC#6 (thank you Padres)

TD

Kashner going against the gnats today..

Could be 4 by tomorrow

Watching Fausto Carmona trying to throw strikes is like trying to gouge out my eyeballz

Magic # 3....the bats have finally started to pick up the pitching staff with some regularity the past week, hoping to clinch the West in our crib with the gnats in town!

TD

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast