Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Best surf fishing spots?

Default Best surf fishing spots?

What's going on guys/gals. I'm new to this page and I've just started surf fishing about two months ago. I usually headed down to the jetty and there was good and bad days. I have found much more consistency and productivity fishing from the surf. I drive down to Malibu and the fishing is great. However, I want to explore some new locations. I'm looking for spots that are also consistent and usually hold the big ones. Surf perch, smelt and sharks are what I usually catch but I'm trying to aim for corvina, halibut, and other larger species. Your input is highly appreciated, thank you.

I've been looking for someone to fish the Malibu and Ventura area with. Where do you live?

Cor V ina? or Cor B ina? Two different species.

Quote Originally Posted by darla View Post
    Cor V ina? or Cor B ina? Two different species.
    Well, Corvina can't be caught in our surf so I'm pretty sure he means Corbina

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    Well, Corvina can't be caught in our surf so I'm pretty sure he means Corbina
    Corvina is possible. I've heard of a couple guys catching it here and even witnessed one caught by a friend. Check out Arthur's catch below

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...s!-Sunday-9-14

La_angler18 welcome to the fourm, trying using google maps and testing the waters out. It's a lot of fun that way when you finally do find a spot. I wish I could point you to something more specific but I'm far from where you are and don't usually fish that area and watch out for MLPA zones.

Quote Originally Posted by PTN View Post
    Corvina is possible. I've heard of a couple guys catching it here and even witnessed one caught by a friend. Check out Arthur's catch below

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...s!-Sunday-9-14

La_angler18 welcome to the fourm, trying using google maps and testing the waters out. It's a lot of fun that way when you finally do find a spot. I wish I could point you to something more specific but I'm far from where you are and don't usually fish that area and watch out for MLPA zones.
    Wow, I stand corrected. They even caught a Needle Fish on the same day.....crazy.

The best surf fishing spots are the 1's that YOU discover from your exploits.

anywhere with water!