Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggested trout lures????

Default Suggested trout lures????

This is more or less my first year freshwater fishing and didn't do much trout fishing earlier this year, but I plan on doing a lot more since I also picked up a tube recently.

I just got 7-6' BPS micro light graphite ultra light fast action rod and will be using 4lb co-poly with a 2lb flouro leader.

Can anyone suggest a few good lures? I'll be fishing the float tube event at Laguna Niguel lake and you can only use lures so I need a few to try out.

Here are a few of my favorites. I fish in the Eastern Sierra's more then So Cal lakes, but they should still be good choices:

Lip Ripper Z spoons (Siberian Tiger)
    Thomas Buyoant (Red/Gold)
    Rapala Countdown #5 (Rainbow and brook trout patterns)
    Panther Martin PMRG (black w/ yellow spots/Gold blade) in size 2 and 4
    Berkey Trout Teasers

try some custom baits by local guys, great baits and guys...ill b at the event too so ill see u there
    also jigs 1/32 oz and 1/12 oz kastmasters work well especially for larger fish the kastmasters do great

I like the Thomas Buoyants, and the good ol' Kastmaster. Can you use Trout Traps in the tourney?

everything barbless and no bait so yes trout traps are good

White Roster Tail spinner

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    This is more or less my first year freshwater fishing and didn't do much trout fishing earlier this year, but I plan on doing a lot more since I also picked up a tube recently.

I just got 7-6' BPS micro light graphite ultra light fast action rod and will be using 4lb co-poly with a 2lb flouro leader.

Can anyone suggest a few good lures? I'll be fishing the float tube event at Laguna Niguel lake and you can only use lures so I need a few to try out.
    Try the Snot Rocket or Fruit Cocktail Lip Ripperz jigs. Perfect jig for LNL
    Last edited by IncredibleHuck; 10-18-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks for the great feedback, i'll probably pick up a few of each and just work my way through them to see what works the best so when I go back and fish for keeps I hopefully can land some big fish.

do y'all like 1/12 size better than the larger Kmasters?

The thomas bouyant in red and gold, rapala cd5 in fire tiger, and pink mirashads are my go to lures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast