Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trout Fish News....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Does Kwin have data on what percentage of those brown trout they keep stocking are surviving?
    Probably. On another thread where he was talking about stratification I think he may have been alluding to Brownies and holdovers. Didn't sound to promising. I don't hear about many holdovers being caught much less Brownie holdovers...

I went fishing at DVL today and caught 6 Rainbows biggest 10lb to 2 lb and 17 of the Browns. The Browns that were stocked were from half lb to 4 lb. There were a lot of guys throwing the big baits for stripes. I saw about ten hookups and only three caught. The LMB were everywhere trying to eat the trout and shiners/shad. Water is clear, but in my opinion a little warm the trout were sluggish. On a side note : There were a lot of guys snagging the big 10 to 12 lb trout and that really makes me mad. I hope Fish and Game Wardens would make their presence known and enforce laws out there. I know they are busy with hunting season, but at least give a couple of tickets so people get the drift its not ok to snag! Anyways, great day, hiked a lot and caught fish!

It's somewhere between 5-8%. Walleye would bring the troller's back..........................

Default Walleye

Quote Originally Posted by JigStop View Post
    It's somewhere between 5-8%. Walleye would bring t
    he troller's back..........................
    If they stocked the lake with Walleye that would make for a better balanced lake. The lake could get a better balance between the fish. The Stripers could be held in check to the point that the LMB fishing would improve with more of the fingerlings surviving. Walleye are a Perch not a Pike which many people think they are. This could evolve into a fantastic fishery for all PLUS GOOD EATING
    DSRT TORTISE

That would be great, Walleye. But I heard from a fisheries biologist, or at least a guy in uniform that said he was, that Walleye are on the "no go", "banned" list for California. Thus, no Walleye in our state even though their are spots they would do just fine. I mean, in Minnesota where I spent my summers growing up, no one fishes for bass.................they fish Walleyes.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    That would be great, Walleye. But I heard from a fisheries biologist, or at least a guy in uniform that said he was, that Walleye are on the "no go", "banned" list for California. Thus, no Walleye in our state even though their are spots they would do just fine. I mean, in Minnesota where I spent my summers growing up, no one fishes for bass.................they fish Walleyes.
    Ahhhhhh MN brings back good fishing memories when I used to live there. And yes, no one fishes for the largies in MN. There's plenty of fish here to be caught =0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12