Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm hearing Mammoth brewing has some good brews

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Damn, where are you buying your brews at?!

I can get Sculpin on tap for about 5 bucks.
    I went to their web site ...

If you're into IPAs:

Pliny the Elder
    Dogfish 60
    Racer 5

That's not counting the double IPAs, and the triple IPAs, that are my current favs.

IPA's are the way to go. Hops to beer are the grapes to wine. Racer and Ballast are pretty tasty. Im sure you've had stone and Lagunitas before, if not try it...also if you can find the "wookie jack" from Firestone, that's been the new favorite. Another is the "total domination" from the Ninkasi brewery. Prost!

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    IPA's are the way to go. Hops to beer are the grapes to wine. Racer and Ballast are pretty tasty. Im sure you've had stone and Lagunitas before, if not try it...also if you can find the "wookie jack" from Firestone, that's been the new favorite. Another is the "total domination" from the Ninkasi brewery. Prost!
    Stone, a few years ago, yes, was a decent IPA. Unfortunately, their "Stone IPA" has fallen behind a lot of IPAs. I do take into consideration that a lot of micro breweries in the state are stepping up their game. I used to love Stone IPA, but then I realized that the only reason I did was because it was available on tap practically everywhere. But, now, it's fallen down on the list.

And yes, IPAs is where it's at, as a beer drinker. Yes, I'll drink Coors Light and Bud Light if I need to pull a 15 hour Havasu/Delta fishing session, but when it comes to sitting down and enjoying a few nice ones, those hops are what the foundation of beer is all about. I love the 'bitter face' people get when they try a strong IPA for the first time. All that means is that the sixer in my fridge is safe.

I just heard June Lake loop has their own brewery!!!! Right at the Tiger Bar make the next left and they are down on the right. I will be investigating tomorrow!!!

Stone, a few years ago, yes, was a decent IPA. Unfortunately, their "Stone IPA" has fallen behind a lot of IPAs. I do take into consideration that a lot of micro breweries in the state are stepping up their game. I used to love Stone IPA, but then I realized that the only reason I did was because it was available on tap practically everywhere. But, now, it's fallen down on the list.

And yes, IPAs is where it's at, as a beer drinker. Yes, I'll drink Coors Light and Bud Light if I need to pull a 15 hour Havasu/Delta fishing session, but when it comes to sitting down and enjoying a few nice ones, those hops are what the foundation of beer is all about. I love the 'bitter face' people get when they try a strong IPA for the first time. All that means is that the sixer in my fridge is safe.

Yup...I travel the country for work and have found (pleasantly that is) that most bars do have Stone on tap. Its funny, I've traveled to places where it is assumed they're beer drinkers like Canada and Texas, and all they have are the standard "girls lites" and maybe a Heineken or Stella. I'd much rather prefer an IPA but for those 15 hours trips your talking....im going good ole' PBR!!!

Mammoth Brewery is great! Go get a flight, and you'll find something you like. Not to mention the fact that they bring Buesapalooza to Mammoth every year. 70+ different breweries and great music under the pines is pretty cool. Check the new place out in the old Whiskey Creek building.

Anyone ever stop at Indian Wells Brewery? Mojave Red is good. They have a triple IPA as well. Worth the stop for different sodas and candy for the kids too. Toms Place house beer is the Orange Blossom Ale from Indian Wells.

I like the double nut its pretty damn good.
    But honestly It's beer....
    Let's not be to snobbish lol

Now we are talking. IPA's are the name of the game. Enjoyby, Pliny the elder or pliny the younger if you wait in a line the length of 3 blocks, sculpin, big eye, the list goes on. Mazanita, Mother Earth, Russian river, Great Divide, soooo many great IPA's. The dude makes a mean couple 4 packs in 16oz cans that I always bring fishing.

Laguanitas hop stupid is strong but good. They have a 420 IPA that's real good too. Every beer and brewery mentioned on this thread can be tasted at Mammoth Breweries Bluesapalooza. If you like beer tasting it's one of the best Blues and brews festivals in the western states. If you have not been, you're missing out.
    Last edited by sierraslam; 11-26-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast