Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Downrigger question?

Default Downrigger question?

Hi everyone, wanted to ask you folks to help me select a downrigger for the season before I buy something that is not good enough for the money. My budget is $400 at max with shipping and handling. Now, I've done my own research, which included youtube videos with overviews, also I studied amazon reviews and stuff. Based on this, I stopped on 2 variants that I believe will be the best choise, and decided to post here.
    Scotty #1099 Depthpower Compact Electric Downrigger
    Big Jon SportsŪ - Big Water Manual Downrigger
    Does anyone have any experience with any of these downriggers, or maybe had a chance to compare?
    Thanks

I owned that big jon model for several years ; used it in saltwater too, awesome model

Hi @muskyman, thanks for replying, man. I believe I'll grab that big john as well then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Hi everyone, wanted to ask you folks to help me select a downrigger for the season before I buy something that is not good enough for the money. My budget is $400 at max with shipping and handling. Now, I've done my own research, which included youtube videos with overviews, also I studied amazon reviews and stuff. Based on this, I stopped on 2 variants that I believe will be the best choise, and decided to post here.
    Scotty #1099 Depthpower Compact Electric Downrigger
    Big Jon SportsŪ - Big Water Manual Downrigger
    Does anyone have any experience with any of these downriggers, or maybe had a chance to compare?
    Thanks
    Good luck on your purchase. I have not used either- I use a Cannon Uni-Troll 10 STX for 10+ years 12 lb ball. No issues, FYI use a Snubber above the ball (Scotty has a good one), OffShore line releases are good too, what type of mount and location will be used for your DR?