Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Superman Sighting! NPH 7/22. 7/1 Recon on the S.W.A.T Vessel and 7/8 Ghost Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    You catch all kinds of stuff while making bait out there, kinda cool. +

I don't have any objections to that... lol
    See you tomorrow Phuong, you better show up!

Thanks for the morning wake up picture text this morning Bill.
    You & Master Yoda doing it again out there with the big Ghosts!
    I knew Mikey was going to be at again after losing THREE yesterday.
    Good to see there are still some hanging around...

Wish me luck tomorrow on the S.W.A.T. Assault Vessel.

Here's my welcome home dinner last night courtesy of the Iron Chef...
    Ran out of WSB, had to substitute it with Shrimp.
    Dang that looks good.

Arthur, we swung on 5 more today... 2 made it to the boat with a total weight of 91.34 pounds Kinda of makes me wonder what that double limit Mikey and I got weighted in total 3 weeks ago.

The fish are getting bigger and the tackle is in need of repair. All went as it should today but the fish are getting tougher and are chewing through the line.

Oh did I wake you up from your morning slumber beauty rest? SORRY
    Get out and tomorrow and get some blood on the deck.
    Good luck to you guys and have fun.

I'll have a report of today in the SALTWATER REPORTS sometime Sunday I hope. Getting tired
    *Iron Chef Throw Down 2012*

WWO

Here's a Teaser

Last edited by Which Way Out; 07-21-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Cool Sunday 7/22 Newport Harbor with Da Boyz... We saw Superman!

Extra Report - Sunday 7/22 Newport Harbor with Da Boyz... Superman Sighting!

Decided to take the S.W.A.T. Assault Vessel out to Newport Harbor for a relaxing day fishing with a few friends. Binh (Badbeat), Sokha (Troublehook) and my long lost fishing friend Phuong (Blackwater).

It was a beautful day on the water but the fishing was soooo slowwww. A few Bass, a couple of short Halibut, some Sharks and Rays.
    The highlight of the day was watching Sokha getting his butt kicked by a 50 lb + Bat Ray, lol.
    Oh yeah, and we saw Superman flying around... read on.

Despite the fishing being dreadfully slow, I had a great time hanging out with my close friends and enjoying the sight, sound and the festivities of this great harbor.

Binh & Sokha, thanks for joining me on another adventure. Let's do Castaic or Pyramid when I get back in a couple of weeks.
    Phuong, damn dude, been over a year since we fished together. I know you have many other priorities in life, like making money... but try to make time to fish once in awhile bro.

Have a great week everybody.

Arthur (Wingnut)

"Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."

Heading out...

Sokha & Binh.

Sokha getting worked by the Bat Ray.

That's only a baby dude! I pulled in bigger ones on 10 lb test and I have witnesses.

Blackwater & Wingnut. Phuong, you really need to lose that hat bro.

Hook up for Binh.

Another Flat Fish of the wrong kind.

Sokha got a small Leo.

Now for the Superman sighting...

The coolest thing... this guy was flying around in a waterjet pack. I've never seen anything like it.
    Maybe I should add one to the S.W.A.T. arsenal.

We sat there on the water for about ten minutes watching him do some awesome stunts. He put on quite a show for the armada of boaters that gathered around.
    This guy is going to make a fortune with this invention.

Walking on water.

Parting shot.
    Congratulations Yoda Master Mikey (Exfactor) on winning the White Sea Bass tournament in Santa Barbara this weekend.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 07-23-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Sounds like good times with good friends...can't beat that. Didn't miss much in the surf this weekend, at least in my neck of the woods...nothing but 'junk' fish.

I can see it now...
    Arthur up in the sky strapped into that thing, his little superman rod in hand, trolling through the harbor!

Good time either way guys. Thanks for sharing Arthur, its great to see you and your friends having fun.

BTW I saw that jet pac last Oct at Lake Havasu. Got some great video of him doing figure 8's in the channel.

WWO

Mikey catch Big Fish

Had a great time Sunday hanging out in the harbor with the guys. That Bat Ray was really fun to fight. Thanks for coaching me all the way Art. Let's do it again soon.

Arthur, I had to laugh while we were texting back and forth. I knew you guys were going to be fishing the harbor until you didn't have any daylight left and I knew there was no way these guys were going to get off the freeway once you got rolling.

It sounded to me like there was plenty of fun being had by Good Friends and the fish catching part wasn't the main object of the day. I'm glad you all got into a few fish.......Just made the day that much more fun.

I'll see you at HG-4 if not sooner.

I have only one thing to say (for now) WHERE'S MY DARN INVITATION!!!!!!

I had an awesome time our there Arthur. Who cares if the bite wasn't all that great. Nobody got skunked and the company was second to none.
    Give me a call when you get back in town bro and let's do it again.

Arthur,

Great to read a trifecta of nice reports! From a personal best WSB to a myriad of harbor denizens, you definitely have had a solid few trips. That ghost is a beautiful fish, and that bite sounds like a fantastic time. The food shots are always great to look at too. It's been a long time since we've hit the sand my friend, and I'm looking forward to doing so soon.

Marc

That was a blast, really makes me miss my boat, maybe it's time to shop for a replacement. Just don't tell Lauren.
    Thanks for the ride and hope to do it again. I'll see you at Hunting Giants 4.
    Send my best regards to your dad Arthur.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast