Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/20 Perris in the Storm

If that had been me on the water at the first lightning bolt I would have been wide open throttle goin' back to the barn. Been on the water in Texas on Lake Fork when a big one rolled in and it was beyond scary. We have no clue what a real lightening storm is in the west compared to the Midwest and South.

wow, that lightning shot is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    If that had been me on the water at the first lightning bolt I would have been wide open throttle goin' back to the barn. Been on the water in Texas on Lake Fork when a big one rolled in and it was beyond scary. We have no clue what a real lightening storm is in the west compared to the Midwest and South.
    lol to your 1st sentence. I think it was a first and last type of experience for me in these type of conditions. I kinda just wanted to try it out and see what the
    bite would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    lol to your 1st sentence. I think it was a first and last type of experience for me in these type of conditions. I kinda just wanted to try it out and see what the
    bite would be like.
    This wasn't one of those "Hold my beer and watch this" moments was it.

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    bite would be like.
    I think it was a first and last type of experience for me in these type of conditions.
    Dude, you're lucky it wasn't your last Perris experience period. Good job sticking the pigs but sheeet man, your rod is like waving a freaking lightning rod around with you being the high spot on the water. Finesse fairy wand or not...

Stormcrow was out there too? Mr. Bio science dude? Dude you being in science should know better, you're lucky your rod didn't get nailed thus permanently fusing your "other" rod to the deck stool post.

Those are killer pics troutsniffer...

No fish is worth being put six feet under by lighting. The larges number of people killed by lighting are fisherman.
    Gary

Holy cow. Is that lake full now?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post

Stormcrow was out there too? Mr. Bio science dude? Dude you being in science should know better, you're lucky your rod didn't get nailed thus permanently fusing your "other" rod to the deck stool post.
    Dude you really arent kidding. The thunder was so loud at one point I had to cover the ears. But man, my rods were collecting so much static electricity that if I held it at the right angle I could feel the voltage move into my fingers. It was wild....and yes, kind of stupid. I was expecting it to pass but it never did. It rained all freaking day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12