Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Crowley:perching 6/13-6/14

Default Crowley:perching 6/13-6/14

Headed up to Crowley to do some perch fishing over the weekend. Myself, bro, and two nephews fished with Berkley power grub in motor oil and watermelon flake color on 1/32 jigheads tipped with crappie niblets. Caught a total of 48 fish between the four of us during the two day excursion. All fish were caught at Leighton springs and Green banks area in 10-20 feet of water along the weed edges. Not bad for fishing only half day both on sat/sun. All fish were between 1-2lb range. Didn't try for trout so don't know how that bite was. Although, most anglers that came off the lake sat evening had 2-3 fish bags from what we saw. If you want perch, now is the time to head up to Crowley cause the bite will only get better from here on. Good luck.

Thanks for the report, great timing as I'm headed up there next week and wanted to hit up Crowley for the perch. Good to hear they're biting. Were there many others trying for perch? Did you try any other areas besides Leighton/Green Banks?

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Thanks for the report, great timing as I'm headed up there next week and wanted to hit up Crowley for the perch. Good to hear they're biting. Were there many others trying for perch? Did you try any other areas besides Leighton/Green Banks?
    Sierra Smitty just posted a success story on perching at the Big C

There were a couple other boats out there getting them as well. We tried beaver cove and crooked creek also but didn't get anything there. Good luck.

I went out yesterday and we bagged about 25 perch. Leighton Springs and McGee Bay inside of the SS relief were the hot spots....right on the weed edges. Brown was the best color....i.e. sierra slammer 2"swimmies in root beer gold flake or berkley 2" grubs in pumpkinseed.

Anybody catching on shore or just in the boat?