Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Huntington or Talbert Lake

Default Lake Huntington or Talbert Lake

Anyone fish Lake Huntington or Talbert Lake near Huntington Beach? Is it leagal to fish Lake Huntington? How is the bass fishing?

Last time I went there was like a year ago. Bass fishing is terrible, but the carp fishing can be pretty good

The Quarry ( Talbert Lake ) off Ellis between Goldenwest & Gothard is posted no trespassing. If you Ninja fish it there's Bluegill & Rockbass in there (been a while since I've fished it) The warden may cite you if caught so be advised. Huntington Lake used to have a decent bass population back in the day. The locals would dump their live wells in there and keep it populated with fish. There probably stocking catfish there now for the summer. If you fish bass please leave them in the lake. Good luck to you!

I think you should Ninja and tell how much the fines are

garbage brown water , carp and cats floating dead in gutter last time i went... use to be good i hear... if u catch a bass, post a pic... we would love to see any type of life or action.. from that hole.

talbert... i ninja'd as well... nothing big, bites by the deep side../ near drain.. casts to the trees n hope not to snag...

post a pic as well... havent seen anyaction from there in a while..

Fished the lake behind the restaurant which I think was Lake Huntington. Saw a few people fishing mainly bait-n-wait. Fished from 3:30pm - 6pm. One short bite on a dropshot roboworm unable to set the hook. Water was really stained.

huntington is a good lake, you just gotta know the colors that work. I know the colors that work. Lots of structure, nice rocky shorelines..

I am not sure if its too late but for bass the best bet is spinners I caught a 3lber on a trout spinner.Plastics might work I never had any luck on them. The thing about this lake is its filled with carp hence the bait fishermen. If you get skunked on bass just go for the carp. Fish by the reeds with corn , remember to chum the area. I have ccaught big carp here.

Quote Originally Posted by Webfoot View Post
    The Quarry ( Talbert Lake ) off Ellis between Goldenwest & Gothard is posted no trespassing. If you Ninja fish it there's Bluegill & Rockbass in there (been a while since I've fished it) The warden may cite you if caught so be advised. Huntington Lake used to have a decent bass population back in the day. The locals would dump their live wells in there and keep it populated with fish. There probably stocking catfish there now for the summer. If you fish bass please leave them in the lake. Good luck to you!
    Talbert Lake is a very shallow lake that is behind the Central Library inside Central Park. It comes and goes with the water but I doubt there are any fish in there now as its been dry off and on the last couple years, mostly dry. I've fished it a couple times many years ago and caught a few small bass but I doubt if it holds fish now. The Quarry you're referring to is called Lake Ranc on google maps. (see link) Look north of there and you'll see the Central Library and Talbert Lake behind it.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=18000+...92647&t=m&z=16

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    I am not sure if its too late but for bass the best bet is spinners I caught a 3lber on a trout spinner.Plastics might work I never had any luck on them. The thing about this lake is its filled with carp hence the bait fishermen. If you get skunked on bass just go for the carp. Fish by the reeds with corn , remember to chum the area. I have ccaught big carp here.
    Not a good idea as chumming in freshwater is illegal. To be honest DFW doesn't check often but you never know. Pay your money take your chances. I've caught carp in there on corn without chumming.

2.40. CHUMMING.
    Chumming is permitted only in: (a) The Colorado River District, but only the approved bait fishes for this District may be used as chum (see Section 4.15) except in the Salton Sea where corn may also be used. (b) Carquinez Strait and Suisun Bay and their tributaries and saltwater tributaries. (c) Sacramento River and tidewater of tributaries downstream from Interstate 80 bridge. (d) San Joaquin River and tidewater of tributaries downstream from Interstate 5 bridge.
    Last edited by Fish Dog; 09-17-2014 at 10:24 PM.