Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unexplained Phenomena at Lake Perris/ Must See to Beleive/ Lake Perris Mystery

Default Skunk is your middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Arrived at Lake Perris midafternoon on Tuesday, June 2nd for what I thought would be a relaxing evening of fishing. Very little success on my part on the fishing front, but stumbled across something bizarre. At first couldnt beleive my eyes so got closer to investigate. Was not sure what I was looking at, but as I got closer the mystery got even more shrouded. Saw a four legged critter rummaging through the shallows by the marina. He is deligent in what ever he was doing leeaving no stone unturned, no nook uncrannied. At first I thought it was small bear, a badger, or a bobcat. As I worked the trolling motor of the boat I got closer and the animal continued to ignore me with only a passing glance. From ten feet away I was able to quickly deduce it was some kind of Raccoon, but then it turned and faced me.

These are photos of typical raccoons.

Sometimes friendly:

Sometimes not so friendly:

Sometimes in army fatigues??

Here is the one I witnessed.
    (Disclaimer: No trick photography of any kind was used in the photos.)

Notice the eyes, silvery blue? Possible new subgroup of raccoon? Vampire raccoon? I understand the reprocussions this might have. Especially since Lake Perris is the center of the controversy and already shrouded in mystery on the Spotted Bass and the possible hybridization of Florida Strain largies/Spotted Bass and Spots/Bluegills, which have been rumored to have been caught but unfortunately in all cases the anglers had no cameras to document their suspected catch. For this phenemon we have visual proof.

Beleive it or Not
    And leave the disabled almost wildlife alone......

There is a pond by Lake Matthews that has a lot of blind frogs in it. They say it is from potassium in soil bank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12