Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Report for 4-14-2016

Default Report for 4-14-2016

Have not been back to Skinner since last year, got out today in a rental, glassy smooth and overcast this AM, heading out to the coves in the southwest end, got 3 small ones today, all on drop shot, all before 11:30...after that nothing....saw a lot of 2 to 3 pound males I believe cruising around, but did not want to bite today...wind came up and had to call it...the rental anchor's are no bueno....Nice day of fishing, but not as good catching.....

Quote Originally Posted by darknight63 View Post
    heading out to the coves in the southwest end, got 3 small ones today, all on drop shot, all before 11:30...after that nothing....saw a lot of 2 to 3 pound males I believe cruising around, but did not want to bite today....
    Thanks for the specifics man. I am heading out this Sunday morning in my bass Tracker. Hope to hit entire South Shore and Northside Channel with plastics and spinnerbaits all day

Thanks for the report. I'm going out Sunday as well. I'll have a drop shot set up but I hope I don't have to resort to it. Hope it's not too crowded. I usually avoid going out on weekends.

love fishing this lake. have never had a real successful day out there but have caught a few small stripers & toad bluegills.
    any day fishing is better than any day working lol... catching is a bonus ><> mahaloz for the report

I am a fan of the dropshot, always gives me some fish, would prefer to use Texas rig, or better yet reaction baits....once the wind came up I was looking forward to trying spinner baits but anchor would not hold....Guess this will be my next purchase....would love my own boat instead......

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerLover View Post
    Thanks for the specifics man. I am heading out this Sunday morning in my bass Tracker. Hope to hit entire South Shore and Northside Channel with plastics and spinnerbaits all day
    Well, it's been 6 years, but here I am again. I have been invited to join my old friend LunkerLover at Skinner tomorrow to see what we can catch. I can't tell you just how excited I am to fish with you again brother. Let's slay!
    Last edited by SkipperDick; 04-16-2016 at 12:03 PM.