Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner Shore 1/21/2023

Default Skinner Shore 1/21/2023

Packed shoreline but no bites. Didn't see or hear of anyone with a single fish. Local trout anglers said they fished dawn til dusk. And also two weekends ago for the first plant. Both times every shore angler got nada around either launch ramp.

Our team also had our second rods out with catfish (mm, shrimp,mack). But did not get any nibbles.

Nights are in the 30s but daytime was 60s. Beautiful lake but a little early for the lake.

Also water is up. Picnic tables are underwater.
    Last edited by Temp; 01-22-2023 at 01:15 PM.

I was there on the day of the plant (18th). I did see people catching a few. The previous plant, I came 2 days later and didn't see any action.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I was there on the day of the plant (18th). I did see people catching a few. The previous plant, I came 2 days later and didn't see any action.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully the bite picks up in February. Guess the trout are still in there, somewhere.

Skinner is such a beautiful place. But frost on the ground at sunrise might be a bit cold for the catfish/stripers/bass. Surprised the cold weather didn't keep trout closer in.

Thanks for the report... wow.. the water is up that high that the picnic tables are submerged?

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    Thanks for the report... wow.. the water is up that high that the picnic tables are submerged?
    A few years back I was going across the lake in my fiberglass bass boat. Thankfully I was only doing about 15 mph. I spotted a picnic table submerged about 4 inches below the service.
    It could have done some serious damage to my boat had I not been paying attention. I towed it to the shore at Swimmers Cove.

I was there last Sunday. The water is not quite full pool, but up pretty high. The inlet doesn’t have any more water coming in. No l body caught any fish. They were hugging bottom pretty much everywhere. I hope they don’t drain it during spawn like they did last year. I imagine that had something to do with skinner being off this year.