Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VIP day skunk

I think so. kind of like the stuff you put in your livewell for bass.

Quote Originally Posted by hookerz View Post
    Sorry but I would never ever in a million years pay $150 to trout fish ( and I love da Vine). That would cover at least 6 skunk trips there. That same money could of got you put on some yellowtail or tuna even. Never understood why enough people do this to even keep this going after so many years and I love to fish. Now its time for me to get serious on the catfish now all you yahoos are trouting.
    tight lines,
    Yahoos!!!!! "I resemble that comment." lol Let's use a little logic on that trout yahoo comment. Trout season runs Nov-April approximately. Catfish season starts in about May and runs through Oct. Roughly speaking that's about a 50/50 split of the year. Now where do you think Irvine lake makes the majority of their annual revenue????? It's a safe bet to say, "that trout season is the more profitable part of the year." Which in turn gives Irvine lake the money to do those 10K stocking of medium size Blue Catfish. (Which in turn will grow into the Trophy Catfish) So without us trout yahoos, there wouldn't be much of a catfish season. So how about instead of calling us trout yahoos, you can call us by our new name, "CATFISH CREATORS!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-31-2014 at 05:36 AM.

If the water is warm you gotta go deeper guys! Downriggers or leadcore will be key for trolling. The ideal feeding temps for browns are 52 degrees.. warmer for the bows...

I know, I too was/am a Catfish Creator. The last few years I've hooked some amazingly large catfish during trout season. My avatar was from Feb of this year. I still love floating that nightcrawler under a bobber and watching it get nailed. Just less pressure on the whisker fish when everyone else is trying to catch trout.
    tight lines,

Quote Originally Posted by mshsu View Post
    Had a great day fishing with my old man, but no catching. Not sure if the water was too warm or what but very few people even caught 1 fish. Oh well. That's fishing I guess. Next time.....
    Hey MSHSU,

We got skunked as well....it was a tough day....we threw the whole tackle box at it.....threw shallow divers deep divers berkley everything LOL....nighcrawlers needlefish, thomas bouyonts kastmasters,

Nonetheless it was a great time, raffle was cool....plus everyone who fished it and paid will get 4 free passes in the mail....

Might be back tomorrow! REVENGE!!

Team TD

Tony G

That's a lot of cash to through down on a slow day. I guess it's the chance you take. This VIP day just doesn't sound worth it to me. To each his own I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    Hey MSHSU,

We got skunked as well....it was a tough day....we threw the whole tackle box at it.....threw shallow divers deep divers berkley everything LOL....nighcrawlers needlefish, thomas bouyonts kastmasters,

Nonetheless it was a great time, raffle was cool....plus everyone who fished it and paid will get 4 free passes in the mail....

Might be back tomorrow! REVENGE!!

Team TD

Tony G
    Are the passes being handed out cuz the fishing sucked? If thats the case i guess 50 to fish VIP day isnt so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman951 View Post
    Are the passes being handed out cuz the fishing sucked? If thats the case i guess 50 to fish VIP day isnt so bad.
    Hey Fisherman951,

yes because of the bad fishing 90% of peeps had, they announced they would take care of us with 4 free passes back, so not bad...would of been better to catch fish, but thats fishing....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    Hey Fisherman951,

yes because of the bad fishing 90% of peeps had, they announced they would take care of us with 4 free passes back, so not bad...would of been better to catch fish, but thats fishing....
    Well, that definitely takes the sting out of the skunk then.

I wonder if the fishing rebounded today because I'm thinking about hitting up Irvine Lake tomorrow. Rain or shine ;D
    Last edited by nivrae; 10-31-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote previous post

I also got the skunk! Either way I had a great time like a do every VIP day! I trolled and baited down in a cove ! saw some huge browns but they were not biting anything! 4 free passes and i won some great prizes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast