Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: What to use when trolling for stripers ?

Default What to use when trolling for stripers ?

I am planning to hit up castaic lake for some stripers since i heard the bite is on fire. But i was wondering what kind of rigs,bait,lures to use when trolling for stripers? any information would be nice ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    I am planning to hit up castaic lake for some stripers since i heard the bite is on fire. But i was wondering what kind of rigs,bait,lures to use when trolling for stripers? any information would be nice ..
    Mr. Rex, I don't fish Castaic that often, but what I gather is you have to match the hatch. The biggest thing for striper is to find the depth they are cruising at and they will eat most anything. I know a lot of guys that troll rapalas in a shad pattern and do very well. I'm not up to date on Castaic, but I'm sure they are feeding on shad at the moment. Get anything in a shad pattern and find the right depth and you will get them. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bassoholic View Post
    Mr. Rex, I don't fish Castaic that often, but what I gather is you have to match the hatch. The biggest thing for striper is to find the depth they are cruising at and they will eat most anything. I know a lot of guys that troll rapalas in a shad pattern and do very well. I'm not up to date on Castaic, but I'm sure they are feeding on shad at the moment. Get anything in a shad pattern and find the right depth and you will get them. Good luck!

Thank you boss !! So rapalas in shad color . I went last year and caught 16 stripers on nightcrawlers by the buoy line fishing real deep but i want to give trolling a try
    Thanks once again

Umbrella rig with shad colored big hammer swimbaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Umbrella rig with shad colored big hammer swimbaits.
    I was also thinking about that too but i wasnt to sure.. Thanks man