Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: From Queen Mary To Cherry To 72nd Last Minute Butt Breaker

Default From Queen Mary To Cherry To 72nd Last Minute Butt Breaker

Received Monday off and decided to hit the surf again but this time headed south.
    First stop is always Queen Mary Jetty. I grew up fishing this place and caught
    A lot of quality fish here back in the day so the memories keep me going back.
    After an hour and nothing but wfo lizards I move on to cherry beach and enjoy
    My day off with feet in the sand and LC getting slammed, by more lizards of course.lol
    After an hour or so I meet up with Martin aka DockRat and he gives me a tour of some
    Secret salt honey holes in the LB and finally move on to 72nd. My day began to feel
    Long and with nothing but lizards to show my head hung low. We start fishing the
    Channel and rocks shore with nothing to score and sun falling fast I decide to walk over
    to the surf side to find birds breaking and small macks boiling. But my instinct lead me
    to the sand with New LC in hand I fling for the birds and fling some more and then it hits..
    Thumppp... Heavy heavy weight and not much of anything at all with a few small shakes
    I know its a fish andnits heavy but its not really fighting and just staying in front of me in
    4' of water.. Finally I decide to put pressure on it and pull and in comes a 18" butt with the
    LC double hooked in a way that made him act like a kite underwater holding him down and
    Almost unable to retrieve. Anyways happy as can be it wasn't a lizard I ran it up to show martin
    I got a butt and am not the lizard king that day.. Lol a quick release and we head back to the spot
    Where the sun sunk fast, and some mackarel slime to end off the evening.
    Sorry no fish pics this time but DockRat did get an amazing shot of me launching to the surf.
    Hopefully he will post it as my PC screen has just broken. Duhohh..
    Tight lines
    Fishbones

Nice report. I've been going to 72nd, and haven't had much luck. Glad you did better than me.

Cool report, and I know what your saying about the lizards,local waters are loaded with them,sure seems like more than usuall,halibut love em though so I guess that bodes well for those of us who love halibut! Thanks

Cya Tuna Vic

hi ya Fishbones,

A short Hali and a guided tour from the famous Martin a.k.a. DockRat ...... not a bad day at all!

See ya at HG-6!

Thanx for the fish report.

SP Dan <"))><

Hey Alex,
    Good to see you getting out in the salt...
    I did read your fresh report the other day, but at 2:30 in the morning and I had to jet for work...
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

C-Ya at HG6

It was fun after work session. All the diving birds was cool. We'll do it again.
    DR

From the duct to the QM....where will Alex land next!

Nice report!

TD

In all of my FNN years I don't think anybody has fished with Dockrat....U is special Alex
    Good job on da BUTT dude!

Thanks yotataco.. Just lucky i guess.. You on DR or RDC?

So true TunaVic. Lizards are awesome bait for big hali's.

Hahaa.. Yes SP Dan. A special secret honey hole guided tour.. Oh man was excited ..

Thanks Robert.. Glad my report could fill some time.. 230,, ouch.. I'm going to bed at that time..lol jk

Yes it was Martin. When should we try again?

Thanks TD, but it should be from the Duct to LA Bufadora Mexico..hahahaa.

Hahahahahaahaha... Too funny mike.. Actually that was the second time..lol
    Super special...

Hoping to see everybody at HG6.

Here's that awesome shot DockRat took.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-19-09-29-28.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	44843  
    Last edited by Fishbones; 08-22-2014 at 06:49 PM.

FYI I fished with few FNNers Bones. Ran into JerryG, and a couple other FNNers @ Cherry once, Brandonfish, Fishbones at JCS and a few others.