Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limit of black bass at Castaic

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Silverwood is 15"/2 bag limit and will remain as such.
    Thanks. I had heard a couple years back that the limit was being considered for change due to study's, guess you guys decided differently, glad to hear it.

The spawn comment, just kinda worried the beds will be raped.
    Last edited by seal; 02-28-2015 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Castaic LMB pop'n is bottlenecked with few fish above 18" and an unreasonable size restriction to allow for harvest. Over 50% of the pop'n larger than 12" is also over 15". Allowing more harvest of slightly smaller fish could alleviate the bottleneck and produce more larger fish. Although SoCal harvest rates average 5-10% so we will see. Also this should help the tournament crowd, particularly clubs, who all had to apply for event permits (1 per lake per day) if they wanted a variance to the 18"/2 prior reg. Now it's 15"/5 and no variances are going to be issued. Also the decent SMB fishery there will allow for harvest and tournaments to weigh in that species if they are so lucky.
    Thanks for the info! You are the best resource this site has and I hope you continue to provide us actual, factual information, very informative.

Although I'm not the most experienced LMB fisherman out there, this info is consistent with my own anecdotal experience. Even when fishing live shad, nearly 100% of the LMB I catch at Castaic (upper) are in the 1.5lb range, but at Pyramid I get the occasional larger fish, 10lb was my biggest there last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12