Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Jenks

Quote Originally Posted by Troutin Man View Post
    What's annoying to me is to see someone use powerbait and catch their five, put them in a bucket, and keep baitin. Then they catch more...passed their limit. One dude caught 15 trout at a local lake. I said my piece to the a**hole, but he kept going. I've seen others pull the smaller trout out of their cages to stay at 5.
    So I am replying to my own quote. Whatever.

I went to Lincoln Park today. Fished for about an hour. Dfg planted early this week and saw a guy with a bucket of trout...about 15 to 20. WTF! He was so proud of himself too. Unreal.

So I was fishing today and caught a trout on powerbait and thought I'd give catch and release a shot. SEAL...don't hate me. Just thought I'd try out Hookdfisherman's steps on catch and releasing trout when hooked in the gut.

So I gave it a whirl and guess what happened...I followed the method as mentioned by Hookdfisherman and let the fish go. It had a bit of tough time gettin' going. Well it finally swam off for about 10 to 15 seconds...then it circled back and croaked 4 feet from shore. Dead.

So much for catch and release using a treble hook with doughbait.

I gave it a shot...pulled the trout back in with my net to not waste and was one of my 3 I took home from my local lake.

So I was fishing today and caught a trout on powerbait and thought I'd give catch and release a shot. SEAL...don't hate me. Just thought I'd try out Hookdfisherman's steps on catch and releasing trout when hooked in the gut.

So I gave it a whirl and guess what happened...I followed the method as mentioned by Hookdfisherman and let the fish go. It had a bit of tough time gettin' going. Well it finally swam off for about 10 to 15 seconds...then it circled back and croaked 4 feet from shore. Dead.

I gave it a shot...pulled the trout back in with my net to not waste and was one of my 3 I took home from my local lake.

You're a bonehead...

I am a bonehead...wow...the trout died on C&R hooked in the gut/throat and you are calling me a bonehead. Alrighty then.

I think we all know the deal here about "A bonehead." I am just reporting what happened...after all this is what this forum is about...I don't think it is about calling people names.
    Last edited by Troutin Man; 12-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.

catch and release with powerbait and treble hook? Really? So a trout swallows a treble hook with yummy chartreuse garlic powerbait, slams the line, and you reel it in. The hook is in it's belly and you cut the line. I think I'd probably die or not do too well if a big *** treble hook was in my belly and I was being pulled by it and I was fightin to get away. Cut the line or not...

besides, powerbait fishing is boring. It's all about jigs, flies, and lures! Lip hook and release! Easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post
    I don't use trebles, T-man, did you read the posts??

Just so you know, I have a one-pole license. I rarely if ever just leave my pole in the water and soak, honestly... sometimes I do leave my pole for a bit but very rarely. I am almost always attentive to the fish-strike and react accordingly. That, my friend, is active fishing.

Read the links, it'll explain active fishing and it also speaks to mortality of trout (wild and wimpy) when hooked.

To be honest, sort of read the posts. Didn't have too much time earlier. As for the active vs. boring fishing... I am talking about the throw the bait out, stick your pole in a holder, pull the line down with a bobber or weight hanging on it...I guess that could be really relaxing...pull out a book, chew on some beef jerky, etc. But I like to hold and feel the bite and hookin' em as they bite! Awesome! However, I have the 2nd Rod Validation so I do sometimes throw at powerbait or live bait, but the other rod and line is always movin!

I am a bonehead...wow...the trout died on C&R hooked in the gut/throat and you are calling me a bonehead. Alrighty then.

I think we all know the deal here about "A bonehead." I am just reporting what happened...after all this is what this forum is about...I don't think it is about calling people names.

Troutin Idiot... you really are a bonehead. It seems others can call people idiots, so in the spirit of the topic, yes you fit the names. Just Reporting what happened is fine, I applaud your efforts, but if you're going to kill fish and blame it on catch and release, don't even try to assume you are using the techniques I use, especially when you do not!

Instead of trying to keep your post alive, to which you really have contributed nothing... and you really didn't read the thread anyway, why don't you just fill your head with that beef jerky you seem to love so much and only come back when you can speak with some form of intelligence (at least pay some attention before you attempt to speak on this subject) and quit skimming, you're starting to fit into the skimmer category.

Do a little research, read the links I have posted... look for other information on the archaic internet. Come back and report on your findings, then I might stop calling you the names (that fit you at the moment) and think differently about your persona.

Does my persona really matter? Troutin Idiot...that's phunny though. I have to hand it too you. Thanxs four the laff.

The trout that I netted we ended up eating last night; it was quite tasty. Glad I was able to get it back. And yes...you called it...I skimmed because...

That day I powerbaited because they were drying out...thought I would use before they became flaky. And yes I have also stated that I bait fish, but I keep those. But I certainly enjoy jigs and lures. Sometimes I keep those because I am hungry.

So let's keep my post alive. Let's chat again on Christmas Day. Until then...tight lines
    Last edited by Troutin Man; 12-18-2013 at 06:29 PM.

By the way...I really enjoy this website. It has provided me with great information and tips. Thanks to all who contribute. Wish you all a happy and merry holiday season.

I notice people use the most micro trebles in like 18 and smaller.

I use to catch and release trout on putty bait all the time. Instead of a tiny treble, I would use about a size 10-12 bronze barbed Eagle Claw bait holder. Almost all my fish were mouth hooked. This worked fine for proper catch and release. I also paid attention and set the hook on the first take. I see folks asleep at the wheel all the time soaking bait.

Now if I was still an agro stocker fisherman I would use about the same size Owner mosquito hook.
    Truth be told I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was the longer shank of the hook or the larger size of the hook that was the reason for a very small amount of gut hooked fish.

Does my persona really matter? Troutin Idiot...that's phunny though. I have to hand it too you. Thanxs four the laff.

The trout that I netted we ended up eating last night; it was quite tasty. Glad I was able to get it back. And yes...you called it...I skimmed because...

That day I powerbaited because they were drying out...thought I would use before they became flaky. And yes I have also stated that I bait fish, but I keep those. But I certainly enjoy jigs and lures. Sometimes I keep those because I am hungry.

So let's keep my post alive. Let's chat again on Christmas Day. Until then...tight lines

You're even too stooopeed to pull off stupid.

I fished Corona last week. Water level is very low; you can even park closer to the water than that big ol' pile of "snag your terminal tackle" rocks which are usually underwater. Used Power Bait and hooked up with 17 trout. No catch and release when I gots ta pay da man... kinda disappointed... as this trip cost me about $1.50 per fish. I can usually get away with closer to a dollar per... oh well you can't beat 'em all the time. (BTW, I am not hungry anymore).

May the Jenks Force be with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    I notice people use the most micro trebles in like 18 and smaller.

I use to catch and release trout on putty bait all the time. Instead of a tiny treble, I would use about a size 10-12 bronze barbed Eagle Claw bait holder. Almost all my fish were mouth hooked. This worked fine for proper catch and release. I also paid attention and set the hook on the first take. I see folks asleep at the wheel all the time soaking bait.

Now if I was still an agro stocker fisherman I would use about the same size Owner mosquito hook.
    Truth be told I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was the longer shank of the hook or the larger size of the hook that was the reason for a very small amount of gut hooked fish.

Hook size/length may have something to do with the minimal gut hooked fish pulled in, haven't seen any documentation on that subject.

I believe it has more to do with your attentive fishing technique.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast