Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to Diamond Valley lake- Release the striped bass?

shocker, a striper guy wants more striper in our local lakes. i don't care too much about trout (LMB are a different story) but Shadow laid out the biologists facts pretty clearly, these things will pretty much eliminate every other freshwater species (maybe cats and carp would make it) and pyramid and castaic are perfect examples of what they do to a LMB fishery. they need to up the limit and no minimum size. i'd prefer a must kill if caught policy, but i'd never force anyone to kill a fish. you might not be finding full grown bass in their bellies but look in June and you'll see all the bass fry you want. when T/O and Gary are saying to kill em, what's that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by lurk 182 View Post
    when T/O and Gary are saying to kill em, what's that mean?
    That simply means....catch 'em....kill 'em....eat 'em....it's a simple circle of life and in this case it's actually keeping the eco system heathy ! and it doesnt get any more in line with mother nature at that point...thats how the entire world cycles work in many capacities....we're higher on the food chain....sorry Mr stripey

If your not gonna eat 'em....let 'em live is my aproach...

In order to keep the lake's population ballanced really all of them should die when caught but again I'll note that this is just my particular opinion and I won't stand here and tell someone else how to handle their catch, it's clearly an individuals choice

Death awaits.......ahhhh yes, I think I must take me a trip there just as soon as launching is available to make a few bleeding hearts cry.....

Beer batter is awaiting
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 11-17-2009 at 02:40 PM.

the question is release them or not
    check the question marks at the title

I release some, and I also keep some, and give some away too

nothing wrong with that, I fish 4 fun

that's all

wow im amazed at this thread. pretty funny how the littlest things spark debate.

the lakes on pace to be a trophy fishery. if you all want to see the donkey's you need to keep the small and release the big. good genes are good genes. what kills me is when i see numerous 20 pound class fish leave the lake on sometimes a daily basis. we gotta let the big girls go. soon they'll be 30's and 40's. look at skinner, look at pyramid, look at silverwood. they were VERY impressive fisheries. i used to walk the shore at skinner and nab quality stripes to 25 pounds regularly in the early 90's. these lakes are all stunted now. they all have too many fish for the available water supply and forage base. yeah you still got the wise and smart goliath lurking but the sheer numbers of quality fish seem to be nowhere near how they were in the past. the greens and the stripes can co-exist we anglers just have to learn how to balance the eco system.

this is just my opinion so dont hold it sacred and pick my post apart word for word. come by the shop if you wanna talk more.

Simple...if they catch em, kill em, and eat em. That's their point of view and opinion that's fine. I respect to them.

Simple...if they catch em, don't eat em, picture em, and release em. That's their point of view or opinion that's fine. I respect them.

The debate is worthless, my friends.

I understand fully what Taco really wants to encourage to fishermen do to catch and release, so let the fish grow bigger, and then you will catch again later due to the hatch eggs have not been reproduce and survive at some lakes here.

BUT, BUT, BUT, I have seen lots of reports about fishermen caught many many many MINI STRIPED BASS at Castiac Lake, Pyramid Lake, Skinner Lake, Diamond Valley Lake, Silverwood Lake, and Colorado River. The fish seems much better for reproduce more fish and their eggs are survived already at the Lakes here.

My 2 cents, brah! Respect and Unity Each other as Brother fisherman and Sister fisherwoman !

Rambo, lol

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Take all of the striper.

The 10 fish limit is actually too low in the Southern District. 25 fish or unlimited makes more sense.

I agree with this.

Im just glad that you guys are having fun with this thread
    is kind of dumb but hey, nothing else to do
    but watch the drama, save it for obama

Im released some today
    I stopped by the black hole, metered them and fed them
    with pieces of anchovies and trout filetes to get fat
    and huge I think one of them DvL Stripers is now like 35 pounds

I want to know if the guys that said they saw 8000-12000 stripers in DVL why in the hell I don't see them being caught, with that many stripers in the lake it should be pretty wide open fishing for stripers there, I'm not trying to piss anyone off here but the last time I went fishing there (DVL) I caught TWO stripers there (it was when you could fish in your privite boat) and I'm not a bad fisherman I can hang with the best, I'am I missing something here, with all theose stripers in there why don't the bite, can someone give me the 411 on it Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddiefishtaco View Post

I think one of them DvL Stripers is now like 35 pounds
    Sweet...that means when I head out there it'll be at least 38.5 and I'll kill it : )

LOL

is up to you guys/girls
    I know this went all over the place
    but back to the subject
    keeping the little ones and releasing the big ones
    should be fun, to be caught again and again..
    a 20 pounder really chews up a bass reel
    but is a fight most want to experience at freshwater

let me stir the pot again..
    a female striper takes 8 years to mature?
    so DVL is not 8 years old .. so the minis come from the Aqueduct?
    the water level at DVL is like 10 ft higher from the aqueduct water

my July striped....(marlin) try catching that with a rattle trap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pg_narrow_angrydoradoed7234.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	16423  

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast