Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just an "FYI"

thats terrible news steve, but as everyone else said, someone as knowledgeable and experienced as yourself will have no problem finding another gig. good luck man.

Go over to ship service they might have something....?

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    Go over to ship service they might have something....?
    i was thinking about that..i do have my AB...but the on call thing, I cant do.....thanks man

GD

I am sorry to hear about your job loss.

Are expressing political views on FNN strongly frowned upon?

I do have some strong feelings towards what is going on in our economy right now.

Very sorry to hear Steve. Best wishes for both you and your family. Please remember to keep the chin up and the feet moving forward.

Just to let you know that since the economy tanked, I have many friends that have lost their jobs or have been forced to take furlough days. I just found out this week that my company will be requiring us to take 5 furlough days over the next 5 months.

It seems like the ecomomy is catching up with all of us, effecting us one way or another. There has been some good news of a turnaround, but lets all pray that it happens sooner than later and that things will work out better for us.

Good luck on your job search!

Glenn

i'm feeling your pain right now steve. I work for CAL State Northridge and as you already know the state workers are getting shafted. My union voted for lay-offs and in my shop im the young buck so there is a good chance that im gonna be unemployed here soon.

Times are tough bro but best thing to do is keep your head up and drop applications like it is your job. Thats what i did when i got laid off from permanent roof company several years back

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    i was thinking about that..i do have my AB...but the on call thing, I cant do.....thanks man

GD

is your ab up to date? if so you should try applying at my work or the i.b.u. the down side is it is on call. on call is better than no call!!

ok, I'll bite...whats an "AB" ??

Quote Originally Posted by trlrtrsh67 View Post
    ok, I'll bite...whats an "AB" ??

I have been thinking the same thing.

AB = Another Badboyfishcrew

or

Able_Bodied Semen....ie, deckhand

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast