Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Where to find regs for Sierra area water? i.e. PVR, lakes around Mosquito flats etc.

Default Where to find regs for Sierra area water? i.e. PVR, lakes around Mosquito flats etc.

I'm curious as to where to find regulations for the waters around the Sierras, especially in relation to launching small packfloats or short inflatable kayaks such as the Advanced Element Packlite. These are short 7+ footers and weigh a few lbs so they are not touring Kayaks.

So for example, we visit PVR (Pleasant Valley Reservoir) and I don't see any inflatable kayaks but I do see float tubes. Any reg against float tubes there?

And we hike Mosquito flats and there are lots of lakes along the hike. Can one just launch and inflatable haka there?

And a myriad of other lakes such as those in Yosemite and such - where can we find regulations?

Thanks!
    UL

My understanding is that there are no restrictions on the waters you mentioned. If you can carry it up the trail, I can't imagine why there would be a problem. Suggest you call the Inyo National Forest in Bishop or Lone Pine and ask the folks who know.

THANKS Viejo.

Love to hear other comments for confirmation. Hate to be fined when on a kayak with my son enjoying the day.

Thanks!
    UL

I've taken an inflatable kayak out on Lake Mary. One of our crew packed in a float tube/packraft to the Cottonwood Lakes this July. I don't know of any regulations preventing it in the backcountry. Little Lakes Valley should be fine for you to float around.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 09-11-2015 at 11:06 AM.