Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ants problem

Default ants problem

kids were back to school,and we had hot days. my backyard is full of ants, bought ants baits from
    Home depot, but it failed to kill ants.

last nite saw this: Maxforce FC Ant Killer Bait Gel

http://www.epestsupply.com/product/7...ller-Bait-Gel/

http://www.epestsupply.com/product/3...dvion-Ant-Gel/

is anyone used this before? did it work?
    Last edited by formosa; 09-11-2012 at 08:00 AM.

I've had 100% success with Diazanon crystals

Boric acid FTW. Nontoxic to humans and pets, highly effective on ants and roaches. Just put the powder down in areas that they traverse. They walk through it, clean it off, and die of dehydration.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Boric acid FTW. Nontoxic to humans and pets, highly effective on ants and roaches. Just put the powder down in areas that they traverse. They walk through it, clean it off, and die of dehydration.
    yea boric acid is the best. Me and a few others i know have been battling ants inside our home for a while now. But that boric acid seems to be keeping em at bay.

Borax too.
    Water the yard heavy (kinda flooded) wait 15 min for them to come out then ant spay.
    DR

thanks for help, but i try to kill those queens.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Borax too.
    Water the yard heavy (kinda flooded) wait 15 min for them to come out then ant spay.
    DR
    thats what i meant to say was borax, but when skyler said boric acid i confused the two and went with what he said. Borax is a very good ant killer.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    thats what i meant to say was borax, but when skyler said boric acid i confused the two and went with what he said. Borax is a very good ant killer.
    They are the same thing. Borax is just a name brand of boric acid.

If you have Pharaoh ants, prepare for a long arduous battle! Those things are bad! We've been fighting them for about 14 years! Baits dont work on those, and when you spray them, the colony breaks apart into several colonies, care of their multiple queens!

If you have fire ants, the only sure-fire way to destroy their colony is to dig down into the nest, locate the mature queen, and smash it!

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    If you have fire ants, the only sure-fire way to destroy their colony is to dig down into the nest, locate the mature queen, and smash it!
    Ewwwww that sounds bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast