Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rod Holder schematics

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    mine is for a fat cat so mesurments wont help you but my forward rod holders can spin a 360 on there axis so in other words they are very ajustabale
    So umm question, where does the keyboard come into play? Are you the "pied piper" of fish? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I like the setup. Would you consider making one for my prowler? I have a FF still in the box and need a way to set it up. Unfortunately I'm useless when it comes to making things and to be honest i'm horrible when it comes to working with tools in general. I can do just about anything IT related, but would rather pay to have someone make a rod / FF holder if anyone is willing to make a few extra bucks.

Let me know.
    LGHT Wiseguy also builds custom rods,ive personally tubed w him and seen his rods and rod holder,he does really nice work!!
    Last edited by bassfishing24/7; 08-03-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler_Tuber View Post
    I'd go with the Bass Pro rod holders if you can, I've had mine for 7 years now the one problem with PVC is you can't adjust the angle when kicking and sometimes that makes the difference especially when fishing open bail.

X2!

In the salt usually you need to bring bigger and more equipment that may not fit the over the counter rod holders very well, I think that's where the PVC rigs were started for float tubing the salt.

I know my buddy has had a simple PVC setup that carries 4 rods he created intitially for the salt but he's a nut when it comes to bringing too much gear with him. Depends on your target species or if you plan on targeting multiple species at once, if you are after trout or cat do you really need that elaborate of a setup?

Really simplicity is what attracted me to float tubing, blow up the tube strap on a rod holder or 2 and go. Some of these designs mean more setup time and a lot more stuff to bring with you out to the lake, just something to think about.

I use a BPS type holder and a 3rd grip strapped on the same side. I don't like a bunch of stuff hanging off my right side cause I do a lot of fly fishing and the more crap to tangle with can really suck.

I am very impressed with some of the rigs but if you aren't carrying a fish finder (you can also get a strap on holder for a fish finder), don't want to film using a Go Pro mount etc.. do you really need an elaborate setup?

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy View Post
    FishinElectrician:

Here is my setup for a good idea.

Hey wiseguy.... What diameter is that pvc pipe you used for this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    So umm question, where does the keyboard come into play? Are you the "pied piper" of fish? LOL
    lol yup the line up and swim right into the net lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    lol yup the line up and swim right into the net lol
    Your stupid

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy View Post
    FishinElectrician:

Here is my setup for a good idea.

Man, that is a sick a*s set up, bro...

Thats how I want mine to look, eventually!!! LOL...

I havent even put mine in water yet!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12