Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sansou & FJ74 - Muy famoso en San Quitin!! 11/7-9

Nice Report. I've been trying to be brave and go down there. That still looks like decent fishing to me. Good job on the mixed bag.

awsome trip man. Looked pretty sweet.keep them coimmin

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Hey Big Red!

You know how big the whities get out there! Can't believe it was only this past January or so since we plundered the San Quintin area together! We actually caught a few white fish, and on one occasion I pinned a whole squid with a 7/0 circle hook, and a fat one managed to eat it whole!!

Looking forward to hitting San Q with you Pirate Ladies this February 09!!! Until then, keep your hook setting practice up with those fake whitefish (Irvine trout) !
    I hate you Sanpoo!! I wish I could have made it out there, work fell through and I could have made it... next time. You guys did great out there, lucked out on the weather too.

Let me know if you want to go again like this week, my Dad called today and has the itch!!

Quote Originally Posted by crappie stalker View Post
    Great post and brought back some great memories.. Those guys are a class actdown there.. That road going in will shake you to pieces.. LOL
    Loved looking out the room windows at the bay from our room when we were there.. Stayed for two whole days fishin when I went last... Huge WSB mmmm mmmm good... Thanks for sharing your trip and bringin back some of my memories..

CS
    Sounds like you need to get down there soon!!
    Memories are great, but reliving the excitement is better!! (I sound like a travel agent! LOL!) Glad you enjoyed the read!

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fish View Post
    Thanks for the report guys. Sounds like a great time. Looks like a place I'd like to fish someday.
    You would have so much fun down there Granny!
    A hardcore angler like you will definitely do a lot of killing!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    NICE JOB boyz....really nice.....looked like alot of fun that i missed....grrrrr....maybe next time....but i need the super deluxe panga, rich knows ....thanks for the great report joe!!!!!!!!

GD
    Steve, yeah I hate to say it...but you did miss out on a great time.
    But there's always a next time.
    Also, you know you could use the ocean... wink wink.
    We'll tie a rope to you and turn around. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe Eric View Post
    Really Nice work Guys!

Beautiful Pics!
    Tuna Pens?
    Eric, thanks!
    You've never heard of tuna pens???
    FYI: You can't write with them...

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3 View Post
    GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!

Massive slayfest up in here!

Reminds me of my recent trip to Bahia! :D The drive was worth it, huh!? Good times. I can't wait to go back again next year! Or maybe sooner!
    The drive was totally worth it.
    Actually, when you have a lot to talk about time just slips by.
    And the occasional cute girl walking on the side of the road makes it a fun ride! LOL!
    As I'm always telling you, GET OUT THERE AND FISH!!

Quote Originally Posted by deanhall32 View Post
    Man it sure looked like a nice weekend down there. Nice report Joe and Rich!! I would love to go back down there if someone drives. I promise to stay out of jail this time!!
    Dean, it was a great weekend.
    So, you wanna elaborate on your experiences in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by fishindude420 View Post
    nice job. looks like you guys had an awesome time out there. Those are some nice fish rich!
    WE KILLED THEM!!

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Oh I hear ya man. It's not nearly as bad as some make it sound. If I got away with all the crap I did messing around down there at night a road trip straight through oughta be no prob.

We were messin' around down there in TJ near revolution blvd all night one night. After hearing some of the things that go down over there I'm amazed we made it back. Man I almost lost my keys in some club and I was so drunk I could barely move When I finally got my stuff together I found my keys and left. That was the first and last time I'll ever drive drunk too. We ended up passed out on the side of the 5 a few miles passed the border with cops waking us up telling us we couldn't sleep there an to move along, when they knew we were trashed and didn't care!

Oh man, no to mention all the nutty stuff that happened when we were down there. We did get pulled over by the federalis and it was one of the funniest and scarriest things I've ever experienced before all in the same oyster. After an hour and a lot of confusion later, they were running red lights making us follow them to the strip bar

Yes, one day I will go back and I will keep reports like this in my mind for when I do, but I stil think it's going to be a while before I go back for another crack at Mexico
    When you ask for it, you will get it.
    Drunk out of your mind is not a good state to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    Way to go guys. Multi species catch in one day is definitely a great day of fishing. Congrat's FJ on your first ghost.

Great pics too.
    Ricky, thanks! Yes, a multi-species day is always awesome!
    And to end the season on a WSB is the best way to go!!
    Thanks for the props!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    That is an awesome trip guys, sorry that I missed this one.
    Too bad you didn't have more time to do some surf fishing down there.
    Great report and excellent pics, congrats on the nice catches.
    Arthur, you missed out bro.
    I know you're busy so I won't rag on you, but you really should have been there.
    The night time fishing was ridiculous! You would have had a blast!

BTW, do you have any good tips on how to avoid getting all caught up on eel grass?
    The place is covered with it, so every cast you come back with a pound of eel grass.
    Rich was getting so frustrated with it, that he changed his setup to a bobber and squid strip instead of casting a spoon or lure.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzay View Post
    Nice Report. I've been trying to be brave and go down there. That still looks like decent fishing to me. Good job on the mixed bag.
    Lizzay, "decent" fishing doesn't even start to describe it.
    You gotta get your arse down there!

Quote Originally Posted by chivo View Post
    awsome trip man. Looked pretty sweet.keep them coimmin
    Chivo, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by paDDy View Post
    I hate you Sanpoo!! I wish I could have made it out there, work fell through and I could have made it... next time. You guys did great out there, lucked out on the weather too.

Let me know if you want to go again like this week, my Dad called today and has the itch!!
    Paddy, there's always next time.
    And judging from what I saw, I don't think much is going to change down there any time soon. It's like time just slows down there...still same since 1971.

FJ74

Quote Originally Posted by Funjunkie74 View Post
    Arthur, you missed out bro.
    I know you're busy so I won't rag on you, but you really should have been there.
    The night time fishing was ridiculous! You would have had a blast!

BTW, do you have any good tips on how to avoid getting all caught up on eel grass?
    The place is covered with it, so every cast you come back with a pound of eel grass.
    Rich was getting so frustrated with it, that he changed his setup to a bobber and squid strip instead of casting a spoon or lure.
    FJ74
    I know, I'm dying to make one of these trips. I really appreciate the invite from you guys. This is the busy time of the year for me and with the way the economy is going I have to stay and concentrate on the biz. Always hard for me finding time to fish in the fourth quarter. Sometime next year for sure!

As for the eel grass, not much that you can do about it. Time to brush up on your Bass fishing techniques. Swimbaits with a weed guard and start finessing.

Killer trip! Seeing those pictures makes me wish I had more time to fish, but I have been way too busy with school to do any real fishing trips.

If you want to avoid the eel grass try drop shotting a 4 or 5in plastic (zoom fluke or other large mouth bass drop shot minnows) with a long enough gap between the lure and sinker so the lure floats above the grass. Texas rigged (weedless) grubs also work really well spotties. You could even try some topwater lures if you feel like it!

...you....bastards.

That was the "not too shabbiest" report I have seen in ... ever.

I'm rather jeleous because while you guys were out there slaying the fishies, i was standing at a booth at a convention in San Diego. Thursday Friday and Saturday the weather was spectacular and then my boss keeps me a day longer just so that I could fish San Diego on Sunday... and Sunday it F'ing rained (as is apparent in the pics that Joe put up).

Joe - Congratualtions on your elusive gray ghost.

Sansou - Where's all the Sheepheads mang??

What a way to end the fishing year.

you bastards.

Love,

KK

That looks like a fun time to me Rich.....I really enjoy fishing down there, folks treat u very nice unlike some of the places here......OFG

My dad talked to are capt down there tday and he was landing yft in the 30 pound class tday diffrent skools of fish around there.Lets go

Bigred
    Last edited by BIGRED KILLA; 11-10-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred killa View Post
    my dad talked to are capt down there tday and he was landing yft in the 30 pound class tday diffrent skools of fish around there.lets go

bigred
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Gd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast