Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVL Sat. 11-17

The moon phase turns the striper bite up and down,,,and if you have a boat with a big loud engine you better have a rod and reel set up for long casts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    my post about boiling fish definitely brought everyone out from the woodwork. got there a little late (5:00) and was out on dominigoni. great for the lake; sucked for me.

with the amount of boat traffic on the lake, it without a doubt pushed the fish down. bass boats running wild, striper guys driving around in circles and guys trolling rooster tails around the lake didnt help the cause. conditions were right, water was right and amount of bait was right but the one variable we all forget about, boat traffic, was the killer. had it been mid week, you may have seen a different sight. they did boil throughout the day, but not out in the open like they had been. you had to be at the right place at the right time. you gotta remember, stripers are noise sensitive spooky fish. to much motor noise is a negative. jammin down the banks, i did happen to see several fish blastin bait in the coves and up against the bank. you had to be right there and be able to put a cast right on their heads.

never did throw on a boil, i was just looking for something of size as the conditions played into something special. never did get the big big one i've been hunting, but ended up with a couple decent fish.

you gotta remember, this day in age, nothing is real unless you can supply pictures or video.

fish are chewing and they're chewing well.

Attachment 38031
    i was there last week and a 39 or 40 lb striper jumped half way out the water and scared the carp out of me
    whether its solw or not ..the fish i saw would have killed me if it landed in my boat and i am going to keep my vest on at all times because this fish was so big it would have damaged my boat...totally insane
    it was like a ocean fish................i am still scared......the noise it made when it came out of the water was like the sound of a train going by

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    my post about boiling fish definitely brought everyone out from the woodwork. got there a little late (5:00) and was out on dominigoni. great for the lake; sucked for me.

with the amount of boat traffic on the lake, it without a doubt pushed the fish down. bass boats running wild, striper guys driving around in circles and guys trolling rooster tails around the lake didnt help the cause. conditions were right, water was right and amount of bait was right but the one variable we all forget about, boat traffic, was the killer. had it been mid week, you may have seen a different sight. they did boil throughout the day, but not out in the open like they had been. you had to be at the right place at the right time. you gotta remember, stripers are noise sensitive spooky fish. to much motor noise is a negative. jammin down the banks, i did happen to see several fish blastin bait in the coves and up against the bank. you had to be right there and be able to put a cast right on their heads.

never did throw on a boil, i was just looking for something of size as the conditions played into something special. never did get the big big one i've been hunting, but ended up with a couple decent fish.

you gotta remember, this day in age, nothing is real unless you can supply pictures or video.

fish are chewing and they're chewing well.

Attachment 38031
    I was out last Thursday and saw lots of boils. Both LMB and Striper. But they're not like years past. And are indeed very sensitive to any un-natural noise. Went out Tuesday and saw no boils but found 2 different bites, one like yours above (thanks man), and the other using plastics and jigs deep and VERY slow. Big numbers aren't there, but quality is.

Pics and vids for proof? Meh, if one doesn't believe, then it's said one's loss, not mine...

Kinda cool drawing lines in the pea soup though isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    The moon phase turns the striper bite up and down,,,and if you have a boat with a big loud engine you better have a rod and reel set up for long casts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    This +1. I watched as the Skinner bite went from almost WFO to a short morning bite in just a weeks time. Weather the same, water temp and level the same, traffic the same. Only thing different was a waxing moon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12