Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: where are the trout plants

Quote Originally Posted by Sakana View Post
    Trout stocking will be reduced by more than half in 2015 and the state will be planting smaller fish, according to a Department of Fish and Wildlife (DFW) document posted on the agency website Nov. 7.

The document says the agency will only plant 1.6 million pounds of trout statewide in 2015, violating a state law passed in 2006 that mandates the agency plant 2.75 pounds of trout per fishing license sold in the state. There are around 1 million annual fishing license buyers in California (and 1.8 million total licenses and permits sold), so the state will miss its mandated allotment by at least 1 million pounds of fish.

The document also says the state’s hatcheries will be releasing fish that average ¼ pounds each instead of ½ pound, which is the current standard. It blames the stocking reductions and changes on increased costs and drought, but there is no documentation to support or justify the reductions.
    Lawsuit big time! Doesn't even sound like a challenge, but they don't care because this is about way more than just money. This state is following the feds lead. You watch, those hatcheries will be re-purposed to raise endangered species just like Mead's hatchery and Willow Beach (Willow is a Federal hatchery).

This state sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by seal; 12-20-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakana View Post
    4. By planting smaller fish DFW will accomplish fiscal savings and still provide good recreational
    fishing.
    a. DFW is placing emphasis on put-and-grow fisheries. These fisheries rely on food
    naturally occurring in lakes that small fish can eat to grow to larger sizes in time.
    Examples of this include Lake Davis and Lake Crowley which provide excellent fisheries.
    Additionally, the kokanee and inland Chinook programs rely on this strategy of fish
    planting and also provide fine fisheries.
    Total joke! This only works when special regulations also accompany the regulation, see Crowley. The 18" 2 fish limit barbless regulations at Crowley coincides with when they release the sub-catchable fish. If they release small fish people will keep them or they will be killed off by eating bait and then being released because they are too small and then they die. Also the planting of triploid/sterile fish is going to effect the Crowley fishery. Many of the fish caught at Crowley are spawned from the tributaries that is what also contributes to the success of the put and grow fishery at Crowley. How many lakes in California are candidates for this type of a program or lakes that will have these types of regulations put in place? I'd bet not many if any!!!!
    Last edited by seal; 12-20-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Fishrap's article on this subject.

http://www.fishrapnews.com/Features/.../Trout-Mandate

This website has visitors that see these types of threads. I would LOVE to hear their take on this subject. Please correct us Mr. DFW biologist or representative if anything we've written is incorrect. And please give us a document that details the additional costs and how those costs affect the hatchery output. I'm sure you have the data but my expectation is that you will not release the numbers and detail necessary.

There is a reason why they won't tell you the poundage of fish being stocked in each lake.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    This website has visitors that see these types of threads. I would LOVE to hear their take on this subject. Please correct us Mr. DFW biologist or representative if anything we've written is incorrect. And please give us a document that details the additional costs and how those costs affect the hatchery output. I'm sure you have the data but my expectation is that you will not release the numbers and detail necessary.

There is a reason why they won't tell you the poundage of fish being stocked in each lake.
    Ah yes seal we have seen this before. The use of "fuzzy numbers" to balance a budget that's not even remotely balanced, just moving money around to make things look good to those who that Gruber dude was talking about. Add in an extreme eco agenda and here we are. It isn't going to get any better. This states apathetic and leftist voters and its unfunded liabilities have doomed it to failure...

" “CDFW encourages families to fish in California’s streams, rivers and lakes during the holiday season,” said CDFW Fishery Program Manager Bill Cox. “It’s inexpensive and local fun, you can share equipment and enjoy being outside as a family.”"

Not if there is no trout being planted!!

Just noticed ca dfw updated their website.....scheduled stocking for pyramid and castaic this week coming up.....if its true then my kid will be happy(that's if I can take him because I messed up my leg at work)

Quote Originally Posted by fishingboysdad View Post
    " “CDFW encourages families to fish in California’s streams, rivers and lakes during the holiday season,” said CDFW Fishery Program Manager Bill Cox. “It’s inexpensive and local fun, you can share equipment and enjoy being outside as a family.”"

Not if there is no trout being planted!!
    Lol well said i wish there were more people like you. Hey if you do get fed up pm me i will glady show you a couple of sweet spots

Cool.thanks bucket...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345