Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Important Sierra report

Default Important Sierra report

I had some great luck ... mostly quantity ... with one 2 lber on the Owens ... then a lot of small ones at the east end of Grant Lake. Tried to get to the west end ... but there's a heavy mud crossing to get to the water's edge.

If you're down on the Owens ... like early in the morning ... try mice tails ... or pink Berkley salmon eggs ... probably not new info to anybody.

I'm pretty sure the section between the bridge & the monument is closed as if now...
    Leaving bait out of the question.
    Barbless artificial sections only open.

Thanks for keepin an eye on this old guy. I was fishing down in the valley near bishop which I believe is year round?

The Lower Owens near Bishop does have special regulations in some sections; here is what is in the DFG website for 2014.

From Pleasant Valley Dam to the footbridge at the lower end of the campground, Jan 1st through Sept 30, 2 fish limit. Oct 1st to Dec 31, only artificial lures with barbless hooks, 0 fish limit

From the footbridge at the lower end of pleasant Valley campground east (downstream) 3.3 miles along Chalk bluffs Rd to redwood sport fishing regulations sign. All year. Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used. 0 fish limits.

Below the Wild trout section it is open all year with no special regulation, 5 fish limit.

The game warden has been in the wild trout section a lot this year checking hooks and licenses. He told me there is a lot of poaching going on by folks using bait in the artificial lures only section. I’m glad to see the step up in enforcement in that area.

Forgot about that section ... thinking was only focused on from Hiway 6 south

THANKS for the great detailing!

FYI for those that may not know Berkley mice tails, eggs, pinched crawlers etc are "not" in the artificial category. They are in the live bait category so be aware when using them. Anything that has any type of infused scent or attractant is not considered artificial.

FYI for those that may not know Berkley mice tails, eggs, pinched crawlers etc are "not" in the artificial category. They are in the live bait category so be aware when using them. Anything that has any type of infused scent or attractant is not considered artificial.

Great info, thx everyone never fished that area before -taking note. Thanks for your report billy b.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicelag View Post
    a big THANKS ... I might have missed it on the mice tails