Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Annual Trip to Silver June and Convict OCT 3-6 2014

Default Annual Trip to Silver June and Convict OCT 3-6 2014

Got to together with a couple of great friends small group this year(3) and hit up Silver, June and Convict on the way out. We stayed at Reverse Creek A frames, their cabins where sold out and the A-frames where big clean had everything in them for our 3 day stay-very cool folks there.
    Shot from the back porch:

Day 1 Silver Lake : Water level was up compared to last 2 years, we Trolled late afternoon and got 2 small browns right out of the dock and a few rainbows for the fryer.
    Day 2 and 3 where on June Lake. Most of our trolling hits where on the south side or the north mostly on south using flashers and chrome dodgers.
    Brian on a nice bow:

Double D rigging the Seps colorado blades

Double

Reverse Creek a frames owner just put up new siding stained the next day

Troll duty why me? Cuz we found em fish!

Not any big hogs but we got some for the pan.

Convict on the last day, gin clear water no wind a lot of people dogs boats, the views where the best going in and out to the inlet

Had a great time -wish my bro was with us, but he's in Cape Cod catching DD striper instead:) Tight Lines FNN Cya on the water

2. Default

awesome man! looks and sounds like a great time. I need to get my butt up there!

Thanks man, June had some big cutthroats and rainbows taken the weekend we where there, the other trollers we spoke with downriggers where at '50 mid lake area. We normally hang around Silver , Intake II, South lake Mcgee for our trip we just weren't into loading gear and driving to different places this trip still had a blast for the short time we where there.

Great report! I hear a lot of good things about Reverse Creek Lodge. May have to try them out next time.

Looks like you were flat-lining, not lead-core trolling?

Love this time of year up there, but haven't been up there in the fall since my kids started going to school.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Great report! I hear a lot of good things about Reverse Creek Lodge. May have to try them out next time.

Looks like you were flat-lining, not lead-core trolling?

Love this time of year up there, but haven't been up there in the fall since my kids started going to school.
    Shinbob,
    We have been staying there year after year -every oct, the reg cabins we normally book where unavail but the A-frames where nice and clean had everything you need in them-David and his family are really nice there. I should have brought a LC setup-to get in on the bigger units at June or even a clamp on Cannon DR. Trying new water next time we head back up-i'm in the same boat-my kid starts school in mid-august but we'll be bringing him up for a summer trip before football practice starts. Good luck.