Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to the all the original trout planted as fingerlings when DVL created?

Why is it that you never hear of any population of say 1-3 lbers out of Perris seams like every year a handful of toads ! I know stripers didn't ruin that lake !

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The "natural" creek that flows into DVL is called the aqueduct. The main spawning grounds at lakes like Silverwood is the inlet area of the lake where the aqueduct comes in and goes out. I don't know why Perris is not the same but for some reason it seems to be an exception.
    I too have anyways wondered why Lake Perris doesn't have the schoolie stripers in it like DVL and Silverwood. Like you say the State Aqueduct flows under Crestline and dumps into Lake Perris. I know it well, I did the construction surveying on Lake Silverwood, the Outlet Tunnel and Lake Perris when they were originally built....a few years back....I think.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 07-28-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    I too have anyways wondered why Lake Perris doesn't have the schoolie stripers in it like DVL and Silverwood. Like you say the State Aqueduct flows under Crestline and dumps into Lake Perris. I know it well, I did the construction surveying on Lake Silverwood, the Outlet Tunnel and Lake Perris when they were originally built....a few years back....I think.
    Perhaps because Lake Perris wasn't deep enough or had enough current for a successful Stripey spawn until they added the circulator/aerator by the inlet? They did put one in there didn't they? Just a guess but it seems since then we've heard more about Stripey being caught. Wasn't it just a few months back someone caught some schoolies there? DVL is so deep and it has natural currents that makes it possible for Stripey to spawn regardless of inflow. But when there is flow, that secondary is the spot to be for spawning Stripey...

If people fished as hard for Stripers in Perris as they do at other lakes I think everyone would be surprised at how many Stripers are in Perris.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    If people fished as hard for Stripers in Perris as they do at other lakes I think everyone would be surprised at how many Stripers are in Perris.
    Have you seen or heard of any group boils at Perris?

Never ever ! They slurp @ the jewel

Can someone tell me why it is illegal to catch or use 4 bait shad @ Silverwood lake the guy the works @ dock then lady dfg up there told me the same. I have legal shad net they said can't net it or use as bait in the wood someone please explain ! Didn't see anything saying otherwise in fw dfg regs

Quote Originally Posted by Starcraft16.5 View Post
    Can someone tell me why it is illegal to catch or use 4 bait shad @ Silverwood lake the guy the works @ dock then lady dfg up there told me the same. I have legal shad net they said can't net it or use as bait in the wood someone please explain ! Didn't see anything saying otherwise in fw dfg regs
    I just read the regs the other day and I do not remember seeing anything.

Were you using a throw net?

No a legal one 36" round w/ handle

I actually did catch a striper this summer at Perris. My first in 18-years of fishing the lake

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast