Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SORRY Late Late Late Late fishing report

Default SORRY Late Late Late Late fishing report

Hey im really sorry for this really late late late fishing report. Its been really crazy here since i got back from Vacation way back in the middle of June. I have been working and Taking care of my family. My aunt has been in and out of the hospital then my dad ended up in the hospital and my Wife had to have surgery the week before last so I havent even been on the net long enough to put a report.

I got to Anaheim back in Mid June with my wife and kids we were staying close to Disneyland. it was a great trip but Turned out even better when we finally got to Huntington beach and my son and I were able to finally meet up with Fishbones/ Alex. We werent able to meet up the summer before last but things worked out that we were able to get a few hrs on the beach fishing with fishbones and had a great time.

We got out on the beach and finally found enough room to fish with all the swimmers and others playing on the beach. Alex hooked my son up with a camo sandworm and told him how to fish it. They made a cast at the same time and BAM FISH ON its a double. I said holy cow they both have one on the first cast. Man was I excited to see that so I dropped my stuff i was rigging up and snapped some pictures.

then after releasing those is was fish on pretty steady from then on. I finally got rigged up between taking pictures and watching my son and Fishbones hooking up. I was really enjoying myself watching them hookem and release them. After a little bit i got rigged up and started fishing

Fishbones was onto another one

my son was hooked into another one Man the fishing was fast and they were kicking my butt

Well that was ok with me I wanted to try one of my Custom Plastic baits I make and see how it worked. Well it wasnt pounding the perch as fast as the sandworm but I Was pretty lucky and landed the biggest perch of the afternoon.

Man was that ever fun and Fishbones sure got us lined out and into some fish we had a great time. It sure was fun to finally meet up with Alex and do some fishing together. We sure had a ton of fun and got to see some shovel noses coming up close to us fishing the surf.

The next day I made my way down and tried my luck for some spots down towards newport harbor BUT No luck. It was shooting in the dark but it was worth a try as my wife and kids were at Disneyland. later in the afternoon I went back up to Huntington beach and tried my luck there again. The wind was really blowing and the Waves were really big rolling in and pretty murky along the edges but I said Im going to fish it anyways. IT was a ton of fun but wish Fishbones and my son could have gone with me. I started fishing and got into the perch fast then later towards dark I caught a big eye walleye

and ended up foul hooking a shovel nose. Man what a fight on a medium light 6'6" St. Croix rod with a 2500 Shimano reel with 20lb mono and a 1 ounce Krocodile. I had a hit and missed it then Bam another bit hit with a swing and a miss. Third time was Fish On it was one heck of a fight he was hooked in the side towards his tail so I got a couple quick pictures and released him safe and sound to be caught another day.

Then a little later I was able to hook into another nice size perch

Man it sure made Vacation this summer even better for my son and I and really enjoyed meeting up with Fishbones. I promise next time we get out that way we will make a good plan and get together and do some more fishing and spend more time catching and releasing some fish together. My son has been telling everyone about the fish we caught and the fun we had out there fishing.

I also want to thank benchi and Mike_Aye for some helpful information on surf fishing while We were out there and next summer if things work out better I will get ahold of you guys and we will all have to try to meet up on the beach and do some fishing together. Thanks again Fishbones for meeting us and waiting forever for this redneck to find his way to the beach next time I will get there faster. Its sure different in California. 6 lanes of traffic, clover leafs etc. Here where I live we used to have 2 stop lights going through our 2 little towns that we have hooked together but last summer they got rid of them so heavy traffic takes longer to get anywhere out there in cali than it does way out here in redneckville Wyoming.

Thanks again and good luck fishing this summer. Perch

Nice going on some healthy lookin fish! Hope all of your family members are feeling better. Family first...fish reports can wait. Late or not, great report and picts. Lookin forward to hearing more when you get back out this way!

Don

Thanks for the report Perch, I enjoyed it a lot. Glad you guys had a great time and I wish the family well.

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Good job.
    DR

awesome job perch.... next time you come out make sure to hit me up. sorry i couldnt make it work this time around.... glad to see that you got on some fish and that snag must of had you freaking out with the whole what is on my line lol.. love that feeling.. great job out there...

hey thanks guys it sure was a ton of fun and im going to plan to come out and go fishing for 3 or 4 days next summer. this summer is winding down and my kids will be back in school at the end to August so im not going to make it back out this year but next year look out fish im coming back. I will definately get a hold of you guys when i head back out there so we can hook up and hook some fish together.

Better late than never,very nice report and cool pics,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Smile

Fun report to read... good times.
    Alex is a cool dude, hope to see all of you guys out at the HG6 event.

Congrats on a fun filled outing and kudos to Fishbones for showing you guys the ropes. Great report and great pictures. Hope the family gets well soon.

Oh man, those were some good times, kinda late responding on the late late late report but you know my life and work schedule jim.
    Cant wait to do it again my friend, upgrade in fish size and species for sure, maybe even get you out on a boat for some offshore fun.
    keep those great WYO reports coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast