Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons availability

Default Weapons availability

There are 12 dead and around 59 wounded, 11 of those in critical condition. How many lives and families damaged and changed forever? Two handguns, a shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle with ample ammunition to kill everyone in the theater. Multiple clips containing up to 100 rounds. All purchased and possessed legally. The Smith & Wesson AR-15 type rifle, .223 caliber with the drum clip can fire 50 to 60 rounds per minute. All were purchased in the last 60 days. He also purchased more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition during that time period, some over the internet, all legally obtained. Furthermore, according to the police chief, he was wearing a black ballistic or bullet-resistant helmet, a ballistic tactical vest with pockets, ballistic leggings, throat and groin protectors, a gas mask and ballistic tactical gloves. Overkill perhaps? This says nothing about his booby-trapped apartment, perhaps to be used to occupy police prior to the shootings. Fortunately, that plan failed.

According to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence – there have been hundreds of mass shootings in the U.S. since 2005 – averaging roughly 20 every year. And yet, there’s absolutely no talk of gun control in America. We're not talking about taking anyone's guns away as is so often trumpeted by the right wing. We are talking about controls and limits and keeping guns away from unstable people. We're talking about taking away the ability to fire so many rounds per minute. And one doesn't need that capacity to go hunting. If one wanted to shoot like that, gun ranges could provide that ability without it getting to the general public. Don't even reply that guns don't kill people, people do. The currant state of the law allows people to legally obtain and use guns to kill people. This argues for removing the people who would do this from the implements with which to carry it out.

Let the bomb throwing and name calling begin...

They're so many types of drugs that are illegal, but they're still out there. That would be the same case as guns. CA is one of the toughest gun control states in this country. Just wish an off duty cop or someone was packin in the movies. Makes me want to open carry where ever I go will all the crazy's out there. Thoughts and prayers to all impacted by this sad situation. IMO I have no idea why they arrested him instead of just killing him. Even if he surrendered I would of shot him anyway. It's not like anyone would be upset after all he did. I would be glad that he died instead of getting arrested. All those who's lives where cut short, and this guy gets to wake up everyday, eat everyday, fed everyday. AND WHO FLIPS THE BILL! BLLSHT

What youndont understand is that taking away semi auto guns and the ability to fire so many rounds per minute is just taking that right away from the law abiding citizens. That man is a psychopath and if the guns he used were illigal he could have easily have gotten them illegally. All outlawing guns does is make them harder to get. Put it this way, anything that is illegal if there is a high demand for it then you can easily get it. So I get where you are coming from but it is just not logical to ban semi auto rifles.
    And for you to say "there is absolutely no talk of gun control in America" makes you sound not very smart because
    there are lots of idiots out there that so what ever they can to take guns away from the people trying trying to
    protect their second amendment right

You a Brady TROLL? Get a life!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KILLA View Post
    They're so many types of drugs that are illegal, but they're still out there. That would be the same case as guns. CA is one of the toughest gun control states in this country. Just wish an off duty cop or someone was packin in the movies. Makes me want to open carry where ever I go will all the crazy's out there. Thoughts and prayers to all impacted by this sad situation. IMO I have no idea why they arrested him instead of just killing him. Even if he surrendered I would of shot him anyway. It's not like anyone would be upset after all he did. I would be glad that he died instead of getting arrested. All those who's lives where cut short, and this guy gets to wake up everyday, eat everyday, fed everyday. AND WHO FLIPS THE BILL! BLLSHT
    And now this crazy bastard is living on our tax dollars in some prison

Quote Originally Posted by KILLA View Post
    Drugs and weapons aren't analogous. We've never had an underground weapons market like we have for drugs. That's just silly. As for of your humble opinions, we are supposedly a civilized country. You betray your civility or lack thereof with your humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    What youndont understand is that taking away semi auto guns and the ability to fire so many rounds per minute is just taking that right away from the law abiding citizens. That man is a psychopath and if the guns he used were illigal he could have easily have gotten them illegally. All outlawing guns does is make them harder to get. Put it this way, anything that is illegal if there is a high demand for it then you can easily get it. So I get where you are coming from but it is just not logical to ban semi auto rifles.
    And for you to say "there is absolutely no talk of gun control in America" makes you sound not very smart because
    there are lots of idiots out there that so what ever they can to take guns away from the people trying trying to
    protect their second amendment right
    Referring to my intellect shouldn't deter you from considering your own given that last sentence. However, I believe I've determined what you were trying to say. When I say there is absolutely no talk of gun control in America, I'm referring to the aftermath of this and other mass shootings. Think back to the Congresswoman who was attacked in Arizona in a multiple killing. There were no conversations in Congress to restrict clips designed to intensify an attack. And no reasonable person is suggesting taking away guns. They are merely trying to put reasonable curbs on them to prevent the terrible uses they are being put to. Thinking before talking is a good idea...

What is "a Brady TROLL"? And some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    Drugs and weapons aren't analogous. We've never had an underground weapons market like we have for drugs. That's just silly. As for of your humble opinions, we are supposedly a civilized country. You betray your civility or lack thereof with your humble opinion.
    That's because drugs are illegal and guns are legal if guns were illegal then there would be an underground weapons market.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    Um, there is a underground market for weapons. And my civil duties are to protect American's. By shooting him would be protecting American's. Now What!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast