Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rude Day On The Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner!
    Too many dang people
    Actually the problem isn't too many people .... The problem is ignorance to the laws governing all lakes rivers and coastal waterways by the people using these waterways either for recreation or fishing ... HOWEVER ... When the agency/s fails the general public in effective policing of our local resources peoples safety and way of life is
    seriously at risk! Since P/C is the norm these days why not require any person who captains any motor vessel to have to take and pass a boater safety course and be licensed to operate that vessel! It's my view that the time has come for such a measure because frankly i'm sick of screaming at people WHEN THEY RUN OVER MY ******* LINE!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Actually the problem isn't too many people .... The problem is ignorance to the laws governing all lakes rivers and coastal waterways by the people using these waterways either for recreation or fishing ... HOWEVER ... When the agency/s fails the general public in effective policing of our local resources peoples safety and way of life is
    seriously at risk! Since P/C is the norm these days why not require any person who captains any motor vessel to have to take and pass a boater safety course and be licensed to operate that vessel! It's my view that the time has come for such a measure because frankly i'm sick of screaming at people WHEN THEY RUN OVER MY ******* LINE!
    I love a logic question???? You are saying people break laws because they are ignorant of the law. I'm sure there isn't very many people who drive the Freeways doesn't know the maximum speed limit in most places is 65 mph. Yet in my experience, there is many people go whizzing pass me at 75 mph or more all the time. I really don't think they are ignorant of the law, they do it because they want to and don't have much fear of being incarcerated by authority figures!! (Conehead reference)

Now in applying the same logic in fishing. I think they run over your lines because they are just plain rude (they just don't care how close they are to you) and they too don't have any fear of being incarcerated by authority figures either. lol So by making them take classes and passing a test, (like they do for getting a drivers license) I don't think that will stop them from being jerks, just like it doesn't stop them from speeding on the Freeways either!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-12-2017 at 08:36 PM.

In short..... You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I love a logic question???? You are saying people break laws because they are ignorant of the law. I'm sure there isn't very many people who drive the Freeways doesn't know the maximum speed limit in most places is 65 mph. Yet in my experience, there is many people go whizzing pass me at 75 mph or more all the time. I really don't think they are ignorant of the law, they do it because they want to and don't have much fear of being incarcerated by authority figures!! (Conehead reference)

Now in applying the same logic in fishing. I think they run over your lines because they are just plain rude (they just don't care how close they are to you) and they too don't have any fear of being incarcerated by authority figures either. lol So by making them take classes and passing a test, (like they do for getting a drivers license) I don't think that will stop them from being jerks, just like it doesn't stop them from speeding on the Freeways either!! lol
    Here in So Cal I couldn't agree with you more! YOU CAN"T FIX STUPID ... Having grown up both here and in northern UTAH I spent my youth at the lakes in the ogden area and let me tell you and everyone else who reads this the **** don't fly in that state! You will be caught and cited or arrested for either your ignorance to the law or simple disrespect of others on all their waterways...Garenteeeeeed! But we ain't in Utah is WEEEEEALL!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Here in So Cal I couldn't agree with you more! YOU CAN"T FIX STUPID ... Having grown up both here and in northern UTAH I spent my youth at the lakes in the ogden area and let me tell you and everyone else who reads this the **** don't fly in that state! You will be caught and cited or arrested for either your ignorance to the law or simple disrespect of others on all their waterways...Garenteeeeeed! But we ain't in Utah is WEEEEEALL!
    The real tragedy here is the simple fact that little lake Skinner really was and is an awesome place to go and escape the reality of a So Cal demographic that no person in their right mind would want to live in! Pretty much the only open spaces left in SO Cal coastal plane are the areas protected from development east of the 215 and south of the 60 freeways! Its important to me to try to protect what little resource their is to escape the masses... That means to me to always practice respect for others on the water ... If it became common practice within the So Cal fishing community then everyone could become a GAY ***!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12