Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Native Sun - March 22nd. DFG check

All in fun isn't it? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Rod View Post
    One thing is for sure,
    Nothing like the chum power of a cattle boat.
    And nothing like the pure enjoyment of being on a pvt boat.
    You hit the nail right on the head.
    Sportboats have an advantage of being able to carry so much bait and chum.
    Captain's time on the water is a great benefit as well.
    PB's advantage is they can go in real tight / shallow and dont have a schedule to follow.
    Who can say which one is better?
    Everything is a compromise.
    Good luck and tight lines BR.

Of course the Charmin Line is not as large from a small private boat as it is from a 65 foot sportboat.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Of course the Charmin Line is not as large from a small private boat as it is from a 65 foot sportboat.
    Dude, that's what the BLUE PERCH like!!!
    Don't you like the way they taste?
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by osiito View Post
    nothing wrong with anger and speaking ya mind...just depends how u unleash the anger l:twisted::lol:
    Exactly,
    Interesting to see how some angry unhappy people use the safety of the Internet.
    Speaking there mind in a vague attempt of getting other people as miserable as themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by IN2DEEP View Post
    Dude, that's what the BLUE PERCH like!!!
    Don't you like the way they taste?
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Never tried em, I gave em away to the peeps that were filling the boats cooler.

I always wondered why they bite so Ultra Soft, and fight so Ultra Strong.

Now I guess I know why......LOL Thanks for the info. I won't forget it.

O_L

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Never tried em, I gave em away to the peeps that were filling the boats cooler.

I always wondered why they bite so Ultra Soft, and fight so Ultra Strong.

Now I guess I know why......LOL Thanks for the info. I won't forget it.

O_L
    I have one more name for you since you seem so good at coming up with the witty remarks...

...One_Liner

Quote Originally Posted by ymin72 View Post
    Not doubting your abilites or knowledge but if you've ever fished the "squid run", you'd know how big and mean the "homeguards" can get. They are readily available during colder water conditions as opposed to 8-12# schooling YT's during warmer waters conditions.
    Also I've fished with FLEAFLICKER on his skiff and on many sportboats to know better than to ever question his fish catching abilities.
    And yes, I do get to fish on PB every so often but if I wanna catch quality, I'll leave it up to the "PROS / capt. of sportboats" to put me on top of the fish.
    Just in case you're wondering, here are some of my catches from '07.

here's a 20# sheephead

On the iron using Saltiga 30T reel.

32" caught off of Redondo Pier

Last but not least, 20+# YT caught on 1/2 day sportboat.
    Some nice fish you caught there. But IMHO, I have to disagree with your statement: "if I wanna catch quality, I'll leave it up to the "PROS / capt. of sportboats" to put me on top of the fish." Most sportboats are out there to take the people out to CATCH fish. They (moo moos) want to see a high fish count. The higher the count, the more people will come out and fish. The more passenger, the more $$$ they make. If they are going for quality fish with not a high count, there will likely be less people. This is not to say it's always the case. Sometime they will go for quality but for the most part, moo moos are quantity and not quality. The occasional quality fish is just a bonus........

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post
    Some nice fish you caught there. But IMHO, I have to disagree with your statement: "if I wanna catch quality, I'll leave it up to the "PROS / capt. of sportboats" to put me on top of the fish." Most sportboats are out there to take the people out to CATCH fish. They (moo moos) want to see a high fish count. The higher the count, the more people will come out and fish. The more passenger, the more $$$ they make. If they are going for quality fish with not a high count, there will likely be less people. This is not to say it's always the case. Sometime they will go for quality but for the most part, moo moos are quantity and not quality. The occasional quality fish is just a bonus........
    I understand your point of view but I'd say, it depends on the species targeted.
    Yes, for RF, bass, or whatever bottom critters are concerned, if you can find the right structure, not one or the other as an advantage.
    But for YT, WSB and like, nothing and I mean NOTHING beats time on the water. Most captains spend 5 days a week, 250+ days per year on the water. I would like to think they have a better up-to-date info than most PB'ers. Simple things like which bait do fishes prefer or time of day they like to feed. That can only be learned from being out on the water every single day. And being able to carry 50+ scoops of bait cant hurt either.
    I never meant to imply that PB'ers cant/dont catch quality fish. I was only expressing my opinion from my own personal expierence.

Good luck and break a rod F4K.
    Last edited by ymin72; 03-28-2008 at 12:27 AM.

The cattle boat captains keep each other informed on the radios, The info may be more up to date? Of where,what, and how the fish were caught.

Then on the other hand, The captains do have to be producing enough fish for there high number of anglers on board.

I had times when the cattle boats pulled up near me at the Channel Islands.
    The hook up ratio was fair.
    After 30 mins or so. The cattle boats moved off. Not enough fish for all the anglers on board.
    I got hooked up big time after they left there chum slick behind.
    Plenty of fish for the solo pvt boater :)

With the yellows on the move all the time.
    Being able to have a huge amount of chum. Gives the cattle boats an advantage there.
    Attracting the fish to the boat. (If there out there alone)

But when the whole fleet is out in force.
    The whole area gets chummed up.
    Then maybe the advantage goes away some.
    Then being only one angler on the Cattle boat, With 50/70 more anglers?
    Things could get dicey.

If you dont have a pvt boat or access to one.
    You have no options.
    You have the cattle boat way of fishing. (Not a bad thing)
    Having your opinions and theories is good.
    ITS ALL GOOD ON THE WATER
    People getting on the FNN for sake of arguing is lame
    Ymin72 and Fish4Keep
    Them are xlnt post :)
    Thanks
    Last edited by Tail Chaser; 03-28-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast